1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V-4B + 2 x svt210av

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott549, Jun 21, 2014.

1. I'm toying with the idea of pairing a new V-4b with two svt210-av cabinets. Any reason that would not be a good idea? I would be trading heavier cabinets (PF-115he and Avatar SB112) but the rig would be lighter and seem to match well.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I can't think of a reason...

V4b1stGig_zps4aa6623d.

Actually, I can think of one...the PF115he goes lower and takes more of a pounding than the 210av. However, if you match the 210av's up with a V4B, you won't be going over the power handling limits even if you crank it, and it does sound quite awesome.

3. Related (set of) question - what are the pros and cons of getting a new V-4b reissue as opposed to an old used one for half the price?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    New one: 20 lbs less, 3 or 4 inches less wide, has a 5-yr warranty (90 days for tubes), sounds just like I remember my old 73 V4B.

Old one: Costs less, has vintage "cred."

5. Thanks Jimmy. You just sold me on the new one.

6. Crazy thought - it can handle 2 ohms, which means you could connect four 210av cabinets. :)

7. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    It's the ultimate modular 8x10. I know some people do 2 or 4 of them with an SVT. V4 gives you that added level of 100 watts and a single cab. Very flexible.

8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    It's amazing how loud these little 210AVs can get when you push them. And they sound great.