Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

v-bass case

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikestack, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    This came up a while back, but I know some of you guys have a V-Bass case from Roland, can you let me know the model # on the case.

Also, anyone try putting one in the GR gig bag they have? It appears the only case they advertise for the VG-88 (nothing for the V-bass, sadly) is rather hard to find, but I haven't tried looking for the GR gig bag, figuring something is better than nothing.

Note: I don't have a GR-XX, so I have no idea if it's actually the same size, but I seem to remember it being around the same.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Here is Roland's case. Unfortunately, they don't have any in-stock, and don't have a date for an expected shipment. I believe someone said in that last thread that Roland was discontinuing this product. I'm going to check around tomorrow for something like a camera case or pistol case that may fit it. I'll keep y'all posted if I have any luck.

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    hmmm, odd.

glad i got mine when i did.

if anyone wants me to check with a local roland rep, let me know.

i can go straight to the source...

having connections and all.... :p

f

4. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    Fred, if you could, this would be nice. I'd like to know how hard I should look for this...

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just ordered a gig bag for my VBass from Tuki Covers. I got it in royal blue with a giant pocket on top for cords, etc. After shipping, I'll be paying less than $100 for it.

I am glad I couldn't get the case when I tried. I'd rather have a nice, padded gig bag, anyway. It'll be lighter, and it'll have a shoulder strap. :bassist: