1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

v-bass case

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikestack, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    This came up a while back, but I know some of you guys have a V-Bass case from Roland, can you let me know the model # on the case.

Also, anyone try putting one in the GR gig bag they have? It appears the only case they advertise for the VG-88 (nothing for the V-bass, sadly) is rather hard to find, but I haven't tried looking for the GR gig bag, figuring something is better than nothing.

Note: I don't have a GR-XX, so I have no idea if it's actually the same size, but I seem to remember it being around the same.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Here is Roland's case. Unfortunately, they don't have any in-stock, and don't have a date for an expected shipment. I believe someone said in that last thread that Roland was discontinuing this product. I'm going to check around tomorrow for something like a camera case or pistol case that may fit it. I'll keep y'all posted if I have any luck.

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    Microsoft Product Designer
    hmmm, odd.

glad i got mine when i did.

if anyone wants me to check with a local roland rep, let me know.

i can go straight to the source...

having connections and all.... :p

f

4. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    Fred, if you could, this would be nice. I'd like to know how hard I should look for this...

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just ordered a gig bag for my VBass from Tuki Covers. I got it in royal blue with a giant pocket on top for cords, etc. After shipping, I'll be paying less than $100 for it.

I am glad I couldn't get the case when I tried. I'd rather have a nice, padded gig bag, anyway. It'll be lighter, and it'll have a shoulder strap. :bassist: