Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

V-Bass CONFUSION

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Hey,
    I am really interested in getting a V-bass system for my bass, however I am slightly confused on their setup. At first I believed that you just place the GK pickup on your bass and plug into that, etc but then I saw this bass on ebay (bass)
    which has the pickuip wired in and hte buttons and input jack wired
    in as well. So my question is does that bass have the guitar Roland pickup wired in because I don't believe they make one like that for bass. Also, I was wondering if you just plug a regular cord from your bass to your amp then hook the v-bass foot pedal to the amp then your bass to the foot station as well.

thanks

ps- do they make roland-ready basses? if so please give me a link

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yes, there are internal pickup kits for the GK-2B pickup (although I can't seem to find it on Roland's site right now) but with the new GK-3B with its much smaller control "footprint" it really doesn't seem worth the routing and cost of the internal kit. At that point you'd get much better tracking with a piezo/13-pin setup such as RMC's.

3. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Oh I see, does the 3B have any difference to the 2B besides size? Also, it appears those RMC piezos are only for guitar- are there bass versions as well?