Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

V-Bass Forum at TheDrillGun

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by greenboy, Jan 3, 2006.

1. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    As far as I know I'm not breaking any posting rules here by mentioning there is a V-Bass forum at http://www.vbass.thedrillgun.com/

It'd be great to see any users and interested folks showing up there to share experience and questions. I've been admin and moderator there for a short while but there is no commercial connection - just some interest in seeing V-Bass topics explored.

2. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Cool...there's not a lot of support/groups out there for us few V-Bass-ers.
    I'll definitely check it out.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    If I V-bassed it up, i'd totally sign up for that forum.

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    Thanks, Petary. Appreciated.

Marcus, try to post it up a little willya? I know you got some of the good stuff goin'! ; }

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
  6. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Pretty cool site greenboy. I was just over there yesterday checking out some of the posts. I saw where you said you had managed to put some excess cable back into the housing of the GK-2B controller. I opened mine up, and tried but I was not able to make it work. I got another idea at the time, so it ends up about the same. I'm gonna run the cable into the bridge pup rout, and then into the cavity, out one of the control holes (which will be sacrificed...I'm only gonna use the neck pup anyway; this is for my new piccolo), then drill a small hole in the bottom of the housing to run the cable back into the controller. Should work out pretty cool, I think.

The other 2 basses I have V-Bass-ed up have the kits, which I much prefer, but I do have my original GK-2B controller laying around, and I think it would be uber-cool to have on my piccolo, especially if I end up getting the GI-20 for MIDI.

I've checked around but never found anything...did Roland ever put out ANY kind of support? Like an editor/librarian (which was promised in Bass Player way back), or any firmware updates (which the VG-88 got) or new patches (which others have made) or really anything....?