V-Bass Patches

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eva-Borg, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Eva-Borg

Aug 11, 2004
    hey everyone
    can anyone tell me where can i download some v-bass patches
    Thanks SAYONARA
  2. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
  3. Eva-Borg

Aug 11, 2004
    i mean "patch configurations"
    I read in the forum about conecting the v-bass to the cpu and tranfering new pathes. I did now that. I think there were 28 new patches from alain caron, etc.

4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    There is a Vbass Yahoo group with that information. However, I could not get it to work. If it works for you, please tell me how to do it!
  5. if you do a search in google for german vbass patches you'll find that older update. It does contain a few of Alan carons modified patches, there was one or two good ones (a fretless patch he modd'ed is excellent).
    Be aware, that there are a set of "newer" patches direct from Roland. If you find Fred Flodshon here (or search for him here) or join the yahoo vbass users group you can download the newest patch file.
    I will tell you that the newest patches get rid of some of the older patches, so if you have some trick pacthes you use, best save them before you upload. I've played w/ the newest upload and found some cool files, but w/ all of these patches, some sound really good at home, but need to be tweaked if you play them in context of the band.

jondog- the file on the vbass user group worked okay for me, if i recall correctly, you can even use your home computer and Window media player to upload them to your vbass unit.
    Best of luck
  6. this is out of the german vbass upload site

28 new bass sounds for the Roland Virtual Bass System "V-Bass", programmed by ACHIM RAFAIN (Orange Blue,Otto-Waalkes-Band,Achim Reichel,Joachim Witt,etc.) and ALAIN CARON (UZEB,Mike Stern,Leni Stern,etc.)

(also see page 42 of the User's Guide)

1) On the V-BASS: Press [System], then [F6] (=MIDI), then [PAGE>], until the display shows "WAITING..."

2) Connect "MIDI IN" on the V-BASS with "MIDI OUT" on a hardware sequencer or a PC/Mac Computer (with a MIDI-Interface and software sequencer) using a MIDI cable.

3) Play the V-BASS MIDI file containing the new sounds in the hardware sequenzer or computer.
    It can take a few moments until the V-Bass display shows "RECEIVING...". After a few minutes the display will change to "IDLING...", and the loading is complete.

4) Press [EXIT], the display changes to "NOW CHECKING SYSTEM &PATCH DATA".
    After the check the new sounds will occupy user patches 11.1 to 17.4

*Not translated: a warning that there can be problems with certain types of computers cards and cables...*

The V-Bass can be connected to the input of a bass amplifier - this is ideal if only the bass simulations and not the amplifier simulations are to be used. The unit can also - if the amplifier has an effects loop - be connected to the return input. For V-BASS patches with amplifier simulations this is ideal as the bass amplifier then will amplify the signal in a neutral way without coloring it with its own sound (V-Bass amplifier simulation + real bass amplifier = double sound !!!). When you use the V-BASS direkt with a PA these considerations don't apply.

On the next page you will find a table with the 28 sounds as well as explanations from the programmer. Have fun when you rock and roll!
  7. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Evenin' all!

The V-bass group can be found at:
    Files and useful info there.

To transfer MIDI data to & from your V-bass you will need a MIDI cable (obviously!), a sound card with MIDI in & out & a sequencer prog - i use MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/) - it's free & not too complicated.

Make sure to dump any current patches you want to keep, PLUS YOUR SYSTEM to your PC before uploading anything - I learnt this the hard way!

Post a reply if you would like detailed instructions on how to use MIDI-OX.