v-bass woes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikestack, Feb 25, 2003.

1. mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Hey guys,

Some of you may be aware that my Roland-Ready Zon Lightwave has finally arrived, but of course, not everything plays well together.

I'm currenty having a problem with my B and E strings distorting-- basically if I use any of the acoustic patches as built in, I get distortion on at the least the B string, sometimes the E. I have sensitivity for both of these cranked down to 0, so I don't know what else to do at this point.

Any suggestions for how to make it seem less sensitive? I keep debating toying with the scale length a bit to see if I can effect it that way, but I have no solid ideas...
  2. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm not yet familiar enough with my vbass to really help you out, but I definitely didn't have any
    distorting problems on any strings. Definitely give their tech support a call. I seem to recall someone
    in an earlier thread using the tech support and getting good help.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    try changing the internal settings on the v-bass with regards to the pickup location. fiddling with the location parameter/piezo setting on the v-bass might give you different results.
  4. mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Hey guys, thanks for the advice.

Actually spoke with Lightwave yesterday, who were helpful in understanding the electronics, at the least. Seems like the issue may be with the V-Bass not quite implementing open standards correctly-- evidentally this was tested with a VG-88 and an Axon unit, so I'd be surprised the V-Bass wasn't the same.

Still, I ran the bass against my VG-88, and it was definitely much happier.

Still working on this, though I have some ideas...