1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

V-Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I am probably going to buy a V-Bass system but I just wanted to clear up a few small questions I had. First, I just wanted to make sure that the V-Bass board has all of the effects and models built in. I previously read something about needing a keyboard or some type of MIDI unit to get all of the effects and models, but I don't think that applies to this system. I am buying it because I know it will have all the standard effects I want to use (flanger,chorus,reverb,distortion,envelope filter,etc) but I was also wondering if I would be able to use other instrument voices like horns or certain organ types, just as many synth guitars can. Also, I was curious as to what else I should buy besides the board and the pickup. Are there any special cable I will need, etc? I appreciate any help you guys can offer, thanks a million.

2. i am pretty sure the vbass is bass only as far as sounds go, you should look at the GK20 for all the other sounds...you don't need a keyboard as your midi controller, you probably can use one, but you can use your bass if you get a GK pickup.

3. BassMan Biff

BassMan Biff

Nov 16, 2005
    Yea, everything is built-in. If you get the GK pickup and install it on your bass, you're good-to-go.

If you're getting the board and pickup, all else will be included- no need to get anything else.

Yea, they are all there, just understand that the presets use them but add their own flavor- just be ready to do some editing.

The best place for vbass stuff online is http://vbass.thedrillgun.com
    It's a good forum for just the vbass.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep, you get all your normal effects, which can be used with any bass plugged into the 1/4" input. With the GK pickup and the 13-pin cable, you get all the COSM and synths and all. There's not so much going on as far as horns, but there are a few string synths, and lots of old keys sounds.