Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brian Gordon, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Also on P.52 of the April Bass Player...

Roland's new V-Bass processor and GK-2B bass pickup. I puzzled over where to post this but decided on Amps since it has the potential to eliminate the use of any amps talked about here except for power amps! I'm a big fan of Roland's products and have high hopes for this system. I have wished for years that Roland would build a GK pickup for bass so I could use my bass as a MIDI controller. But now they've totally exceeded my expectations with the release of the V-Bass system. Bass modeling, amp modeling, effects, synth voices, ... "oooh... aahhh..."
    F*ckin A!!! This thing could be kick ass! I still use my old outdated Rocktron programmable bass preamp because I never found another programmable bass pre that I liked. Line 6 did a great job with the Bass Pod Pro, and I'd still like to play with that machine more. But, I think this V-Bass thing is going to be great! My band records with a Roland VS2480 and that thing just blows me away. I expect that the V-Bass will blow me away too.
    Anyone know when this system will be available? I'll have to give my Roland rep a call!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if you are interested in wiring up your instrument with the synth pickups, go to http://www.rmcpickup.com . i have a few of my basses rigged up this way, and the tracking and performance is exceptional - it's the best option available for synth pickups, imo.
  3. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey JT are those midi pickups? There isn't much info on the site.

On either those, or the new roland pickups, can you use those to plug straight into a non-proprietary synth, and use your bass as a midi controller?
  4. Count me as very interested in this subject.