1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

V Type.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, May 4, 2002.

1. Any Trace V type users out there? I'm interested to hear your comments on them. Likes and/or dislikes.

2. I tried a V-4 once... loved the tone, the warmth, the power... even the retro looks. :cool: I had a chance to by a V-Type but it didn't seem to be the same at all... didn't live up to its all tube bretheren. :( After some time I became disallusioned with trying to find one... I finally popped for a new style but had an unfortunate experience with a mail order establishment over it. In the end I'm getting a Mesa Walkabout. :D

Some day I will own either a V-4, V-6, or V-8... they tell me patience is a virtue.

3. I've got the opportunity to swap some gear for a V4, brand new (it helps that I work in a music instrument shop, :D :D ) so I've ordered one in. I looked at a Mesa Buster head, and the 400+, but we've had such a bad run with nearly every Mesa we sold coming back for warranty repairs, so I'm taking a punt on the V.