1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V-V-T to V-B-T

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chaseman, Jun 1, 2011.

1. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    If this has already been said, feel free to remove this thread. I didn't know what to search.

Basically, I want to change my jazz bass pot layout. I have the standard V-V-T at the minute, but I was wondering if there was a way to wire it as Overall Volume-Blend-Tone, (blend meaning that when the knob is at 12 o'clock both pickups are on full, and moving it either way solos the corresponding pickup).

Cheers

2. Sure.

3. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    I'be been a numpty. Again. Mods, please remove this thread.

4. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    My sincerest apologies to anyone angered by my naiveness, I am but a humble peasant in this vast forum of kings.

5. callowhill

callowhill

Nov 7, 2005
    It's pretty easy. Would you like a diagram? We can post it here if it would help your local tech.

6. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    If you aren't being sarcastic (I can never tell on forums) then that would be really useful thanks :)

7. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    Really appreciated, thanks :) will I need to buy a new pot?

8. PaulNYC

PaulNYC

Apr 2, 2009
    New York, NY
    i got paid for a gig once.
    you will need a blend pot.

9. oldbasses

oldbasses

Oct 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, you will need a blend pot for your 'B' pot. They are available in all of the popular impedance values, so finding one to match your other pots is pretty much the only trick. I have two of my basses wired this way and love it. I have one more to convert one of these days.

10. chaseman

chaseman

Feb 28, 2011
    Weymouth, UK
    Thanks very much for all your help guys :) where would I be without TB?

I think my fender jazz passive had 250s, but I will check tomorrow

11. You will want a 500k blend then.