1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

V-Wah Drive Location

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IcedEarthWOM, Dec 4, 2005.

1. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    No I'm not wondering where the drive knob is (I CAN see :eek: ), but I am wondering if anyone knows where in the CIRCUIT it is.

is it before or after the wah effect :confused:

2. Im not to sure, but i think it is after judging on the sound. The drive function is the only flaw with this pedal. If u turn the drive knob on, and disengange the effect, the distortion stays in ur tone. You can bypass the drive.

3. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Yeah. I use it as a bass/treble selector of sorts. in the forward position I get more of a trebbly sound and back I get some major bass :bassist: and can smooooooothly swich between them :smug: . I decided to mess around with the dist models and found that the Muff Fuzz was pretty good IMO but when I have the drive AND the wah on I don't notice any diff between toe and heel :( . Thats why I asked where it was positioned in the overall circuit of the unit.

I'm going to get a Weeping Demon in a few days (I hope :smug: ) because there are no switches operatid by the exp pedal (even the on/off switch). The V-Wah's been driving me crazy by switching through the memories or turning off when I move it to one pos or another :mad: . It seems to be really sensitive :mad: . I used to leave it in one position or another but now I've been experimenting with moving it during songs to smoothly change my tone, so it's really annoying :mad: . The reason I never had this prob before is because I used to position the wah THEN turn on the power to my FX :scowl: .

The other reasons I'm getting the Demon is because you can create different wah's with it and I'm going to experiment with two wahs INLINE :eek: . Depending on how that goes :rollno: I might just use the V-Wah as a distortion box until I get my PODxts (both Guitar and Bass) some time after Feb/Mar depending on how things go.

4. If your going to use the v-wah as a distorion youll need an A/B box or a looper to keep it out of ur signal, other wise your going to have a bit of noise and distortion on all the time. I found that the blues overdrive or whatever mode it was worked well.