V2 Rumble 30 vs V3 Rumble 25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavy Blue, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada
    I’ve been looking around for an smaller inexpensive combo for strictly home use and these two are locally available for within $5 of each other.

As they are in two different stores, I can’t directly compare them but I have played through both with my J and P, both passive.

To me, the V2 30 is bigger and heavier with an overdrive blend but arguably has more volume and a better tone albeit imo the store it is in is a much better sounding room than the other so I wonder if this is a factor here. I also really like the kickback option with the cab design. The V3 25 is lighter, more portable, and has switchable overdrive and contour available.

I was also wondering something about the aux in ports. Do both amps work with both the headphones on and playing through the main speaker? I’d need an 1/8” to RCA adapter to use the one on the 30.

Also from a techie angle. Is one easier to work on/more repairable than the other?

Anything else to consider that I may have overlooked?

So what do you Rumblers out there have to say?:)

Also, for the purpose of this thread & discussion I’m not interested in any other amps. Just these two pls.:thumbsup:

2. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    All things being equal, I would go for the v3, unless you really prefer the tone of the v2. The v3 has better features, and is more portable, and IMO, the v3 line sounds better than the v2 line overall.

At this wattage, loudness isn’t really going to be much of a factor, the 5 watt difference is negligible in terms of volume. Both amps will be more than loud enough for practice, and neither of them will be loud enough for gigging.

Neither is more repairable than the other, if the amp fails under warranty, Fender will just exchange the amp for a new one. But the v3 will probably more reliable simply because it’s newer, and warranty exchange might be more straightforward if something does go wrong.

Heavy Blue likes this.
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

The V2 Rumble is anywhere from 7 to 11 years old, for sure. No manufacturer's warranty possible. Still good technology, just aging and heavier than new. Could be overpriced if so close to the V3.

Is the V3 new with warranty, or used with no warranty? If used, what percent of new price (may indicate suspected condition)?

Like Jakob says, neither are designed to be very repairable for many problems. Instead, they are designed for low cost, low volume practice service. Also, both cut off the speaker when headphones are plugged in so as not to disturb others.

Hope this helps.

Heavy Blue likes this.
  4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

ps: Post a pic of whichever Rumble you get in the Fender Rumble Club for a free membership!

Heavy Blue likes this.