1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V4B Cabinet and B25B cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ringhammer, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Unless I am mistaken, these are both 2 x 15 cabinets, so does anyone know what if anything is different between them?

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    The V4B cabinet is a large folded horn. It was about the same height and width as the 8x10 but twice as deep.

The B25B cabinet was a wide and thin cab, very vintage sounding/styled with two small cutouts in the baffle for porting.

This V4B cab was at a music store near me a while back, for size references that's a Verellen Meatsmoke up top (well, basically a MS with reverb and badged as a Saturn V). You can see how deep the V4B cab is.

4u1j2Iz.

I457HtV.

Not sure what I did with most of the pictures of my B25B but it was a very different style of cab. Here is a look at the inside, you can see front firing, not very deep but extra wide, small cut in the baffle between the two drivers across the center brace.

AYtPa.

3. BlacknWhite

BlacknWhite Supporting Member

Yeah the B25B Cab is super wide (Wider than my SVT head) and shallow. Great sounding cab though. I had Upgraded the speakers in mine was a monster. Kind of miss it.

IMG_20170311_162817. 20150716_154918.

4. I’m guessing the B25B cab is similar to a V2 cabinet in external dimensions. Thanks for the clarification. I’ll be using a B25B (that I got for next to nothing) with a BT25 (that I also go for next to nothing).

I’d bet that V4b cabinet is a bowel loosening cab! Probably helps a V4b amp sound heartier too. My V4b with a sealed 4x10, while sounding good, doesn’t quite have the punch I’m used to with my SVT. Maybe a V4b cabinet is next on my list.

5. BlacknWhite

Also own a BT25 and it sounds pretty decent through a B25B as well lol

IMG_20160418_225155.

6. That a replacement faceplate?

7. BlacknWhite

Yeah it's a mutt lol. The face plate was replaced with a b25 faceplate.

8. Good to know, mine still glows, but it’s faint. Was thinking of getting a replacement from Fliptops for when the one I have finally fails, so it’s goot to know the B25 is a direct replacement.