1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V4B-H thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 7, 2007.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I tried several times this small tube Ampeg head. I find it really good sounding and really great for rock tones.

I would appreciate to have your comments and experience on this head collected in this thread.

Which cabinets you use with the V4B-H?

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    there already is a thread like this!

3. realdeal

realdeal Inactive

Dec 10, 2004
    Well, he wants his own thread!

So OK, Barroso, I'll bite-
    Now that LOUD has apparently discontinued building the V4BH, there seems to be a lot of attention and props given to it.
    Good!
    I'm an OG user and "defender" of the little bro' to the crazy-loud and heavy SVT-
    I've got SCARS from telling peeps in the past not to be afraid of a 100-watt rating. Those are tube watts, prego, and Bongiorno! The amp has a very good DI. Sorry for my Italian; I was in Roma, Firenze, and Venezia this last summer- Hot! But worth it! Amazing history, country, art, people and....the Vino!!! Best I've ever had.

OK- on topic:
    I use my V4BH usually with an also now discontinued Ampeg SVT-48HE (4x8 w/horn) cabinet. That rig has made many thousands of people dance their butts to the bone.
    Or, I sometimes use it, in the studio, with an SVT-15E, miked, for recording, double tracked on top of going direct to the board-
    Boy-does that ever sound good. Close your eyes and you might as well be in the Motown studios, hearing a bass guitar through the original B-15- Except that I'm not nearly as much as a genius as Jamerson was. But the tone is there!

If you see one (V4BH) and are so inclined- Might as well buy it.
    They sound very good.

Ciao.

'Deal:cool:

4. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    What can i say!

bought a v4b new in 1974
    played steady with it for 14 yrs
    never let me down,not even a tube
    used it with a pair of JBL's e-140's
    sold the rig in 92 still working flawlessly,
    during that time only herd amps that
    sounded worst never better...

EB/

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Thanks!
    Glad you liked Italy & wine!

Sorry if I started this thread but to be honest I have found previous thread concerning the V4B-H but honestly none of them was a "megathread" syle.

My intentions is simply to put all related comments on this amplifier on a single thread.

6. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    I love my V4-BH. I have played an outdoor gig where it wasn't loud enough on it's own but the amp was still new enough to me (and I wasn't allowed to work with it before playing) so that I wasn't able to really 'explore' the e.q. options. I ended up basically cranking everything and not enjoying the sound very much HOWEVER I really believe that this experience was the exception rather than the rule. My band is just starting to really get going again so I haven't really beat this amp in yet on stage but the couple of gigs that we've done (and the practices which you can decide the validity of for yourself) has shown the amp to perform well with 1 loud lead player & 1 rhythm guitar/keyboard player playing aggressive rock.

Again, I LOVE MY V4-BH

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    which cabinets do you use with your V4b-H?

8. Marshbass

Marshbass

Dec 7, 2006
    Australia
    I have the V4-B classic which is the same as the V4B-H. I've had mine for maybe a month or so and I totally love it! I've done a few gigs with it and really sounds phat. The gigs have been plugged into a PA through DI on the back and there haven't been any dramas. I use mine with a SVT-410HE cab.

9. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    I use the 410HE with mine.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021