1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

V4B tube# interchange

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tbird46553, Jan 7, 2012.

  1. tbird46553

    tbird46553 Supporting Member

    Jan 7, 2012
    North Central IN
    Just got a new tubeset for my mid70's v4b, but the jj preamp #'s don't correspond. instead of 12au7 12dw7 12ax7 I have ecc832 ecc82 and ecc83s
    Anybody know which goes where?
  2. beans-on-toast

    beans-on-toast Supporting Member

    Aug 7, 2008
    ECC is a european designation for naming tubes.

    ECC82 = 12AU7
    ECC83 = 12AX7
    ECC832 = 12DW7

Share This Page