1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

VA Christian Rock Band Looking for a Committed Bass Player

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by sethbwk, Jan 8, 2012.

1. sethbwk

sethbwk

May 20, 2011
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Hey Guys,

We're a regional band in Virginia looking for a committed Bass player who loves Jesus, ministry, and the art of making music.

The band currently consists of 4 guys: 2 guitars, keys, drums. We're looking to add a bassist and become a 5 piece.

We're looking for someone between the ages of 18-26. Must have adequate gear.

We are playing somewhere around 50-60 dates a year at this point. Looking to increase that.

Just a few artists we've shared the stage with:

The Afters
    Sanctus Real
    Revive
    Mainstay
    Echoing Angels
    Starfield
    Future of Forestry
    Downhere
    Jason Gray
    Manic Drive
    SevenGlory

We're looking for someone who is as commited to serving God and others as he is to playing the bass.

We love people and our goal is to balance professionalism in music and authenticity in our ministry and relationships with people.

I'll pass along the information about the band through a private message. We don't really like to publicize that we're looking for a new member/updating the roster.

We've also got multiple releases on Itunes/Amazon etc.

Hit me back to find out more. Thanks and be blessed.

2. sethbwk

sethbwk

May 20, 2011
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Bump

3. sethbwk

sethbwk

May 20, 2011
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Monday bump.

4. JINGLES

JINGLES

Dec 17, 2009
    218-281-3553,701-330-3614
    BASS:JJ
    I MUST BE TO OLD FOR RELIGION

5. sethbwk

sethbwk

May 20, 2011
    Harrisonburg, VA
    BUMP - Still Looking for the Right Guy.

6. bdgreen88

bdgreen88

Feb 3, 2012
    Where at in VA are you located? Rehearsal wise...

7. sethbwk

sethbwk

May 20, 2011
    Harrisonburg, VA
    PM Sent

8. Taragon7

Taragon7

Mar 23, 2012
    I would be interested as I love Jesus and have played bass in Church and bands for about 9 years, but at 44 I could hear the fan's responses..."Cool, you let your Dad play bass!" Best of luck finding the right player and I'm very curious to know which band this is.

9. Where in VA are you located? I am 29, am I too old?

10. Hey guys! I saw your post for a bass player. I am looking to pursue a long term professional career in music on the bass. I am a believer in Jesus and would love to join a pro level christian rock band. The only thing is I live in Chicago and I know that you guys are in Virginia. I am fine with possibly coming out to audition and wouldn't mind relocating if need be. I'm currently out of work and have nothing holding me back from leaving the area if I get the right opportunity. If we could make it work, I would be down to pursuing this. Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from you soon. God bless

11. wykkidbass2269

wykkidbass2269

Sep 20, 2008
    If you guys haven't found a bass player yet. I would definitely be interested in auditioning. Christ has changed my life and I would love to pursue a career with both passions ( Christ and Music). I would be interested in coming down to audition as well. I have studied music at the collegiate level.