1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VA, MD, D.C. Fall '09 GTG: Sunday 8th November

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Thunderitter, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    The date is set; the Fall '09 GTG will be at Minton's Music in Ashburn, VA on Sunday the 8th of November from 7pm to 10pm.

Minton's has a fully equipped sound stage, with PA, drums, keys, guitar amps (x2) and bass amp (x1) so perfect for jamming. As per last time, please feel free to bring your own rig and of course you bass or basses (bass-less attendees are welcome!). Guitars welcome too, but only for the purpose of accompanying the basses! This is not a guitar event! :rollno:

Can you also let me know if you intend on bringing a rig or combo. I think last time we had about 6. If you are bringing one then it would be great (but not compulsory!) if you could arrive a little earlier (6.45pm on) to set up.

Pizza and soda will be served. I'll be getting the Pizza order for as close to 7pm as I can. An indication of your attendance before hand would be good, so I can make sure we have enough.

As indicated the final cost will depend on attendance, but as a guide 10 folks will cost $20 per head, which will cover studio rental, pizza and soda, so the more the merrier (and cheaper!)

2. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    You can count me in for both being there and bringing a rig. Thanks again for putting this together. It should be another great time!

3. I'm in! i hope the place is adequately sound proofed! cuz i am bringing this: bfbs2.
    MUHUWAHHAHAHAHAHA!

4. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to attend this. I'll more than likely be there. I'll bring some pedals and my bass.

5. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    That thing is awesome!!! It reminds of Back to the Future!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I will attend. I plan to not bring a rig (or a bass for that matter if the weather is nice).

7. dude, I am sooooo there. Don't have any new basses to bring though :(

8. Can we bring beer? :ninja:

9. It's a bit of a hike from Frederick, MD... so depending on my driving apathy that peticular day, i will TOTALLY try to make it.

10. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    If I remember correctly, you cannot bring beer inside. You can keep it in your car and drink outside though. Not 100% positive though.

11. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Hmmmm Hagerstown to Frederick wouldn't be nearly as far as Hagerstown to Ashburn :eyebrow:

12. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I'll be there! Maybe bring an LMII/PS112 setup. Can't stay too dern late though, gotta get back and work for the man. :rollno:

13. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I'm going to try to attend...I may bring an Ampeg B100R, but may not depending on who wants to come.

I'll for sure bring a bass or two if I do come.

14. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I may be able to talk a drummer friend of mine into coming out to play. Is everyone cool with that? I know last time we had a couple cats sit behind the kit and they tore it up, but I thought maybe by brining someone we can all focus on our main love.......

15. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    +1

16. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    With 15 or so folks, 40+guitars, drums, keys, guitars, 5 or 6 bass rigs, etc space does get limited so please leave one of the cabs at home. You'll still have more than enough power! :D

17. I would love to come, but unfortunately, I work retail (GC, yeah go ahead) and that is right in the beginning of the Christmas season. I'll try my best.

18. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    I'll bring one or more Wish's!

19. K, fine. I'm there. LOL

20. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    This would be really cool... College students welcome I hope?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.