Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Valenti #002 Review and thoughts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkster, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all, I was lucky enough to be picked by Nino Brown to do a bass review for his Valenti 002. I have never done anything like ths before so be gentle. I had the bass about two weeks and put it through the paces. Read on.Valenti Review

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you Smash so much for the kind words, Yes I did record about 2 minuets of a Funk jam we wrote that my Drummer and I recorded. I haven't been able to pry it out of his hands since last weekend,,,lol
    When I get it back I plan on converting it to MP3 and adding it to the review.
    Thanks again bro
    I just put the bass in Joe Turski's hands last night! We'll see what he comes up with but his first impression was a good one.
    Can't wait to read your's bro.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great review, Henry.

You should consider adding it to our review archive too.

I need to get my hands on one of these for a test drive.:)

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you Jeff! I tried to but I couldn't get the pics to show? I would love to be able to just post a link it on my home page, Is that possible?

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Henry that was a well written review, Do you see a Valenti in your future?.

6. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you MJ for the kind words and yes there might be a Valenti in my future depending on finance's.. :)

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds Good :bassist:

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Great review. Has Valenti become the new Fender? ;)

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nice review!

One suggestion Id have though is that you try the Valenti into the 300T and Ampeg again with the trebble control turned all the way down. I find that the OPB-1 doesnt like some amps, but it sounds ok as long as you turn the controls down to the flat position.

Peace
    Nick