Valenti #10

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greendayjustin, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Here are the specs of my new Valenti:

-Alder P bass body in vintage white
    -Rosewood Jazz bass neck
    -Nordstrand NP4 pickups
    -Hipshot D tuner
    -Bad Ass II bridge

When I was thinking about getting a new passive P bass, all I wanted was a slightly customized, but more importantly a solid built bass that would last me for years. Upon arrival of the bass, that’s exactly what I found it to be. When I first plugged the bass in, I was impressed by how loud it was in comparison to my ’71 precision. The NP4’s are higher output pickups than the ones in my ‘71, which really helps me cut through when I am playing with my band.
    The neck of this bass is real beefy. A little more wide than I would expect from a Jazz bass, but it was still comfortable in my hands. The tuners worked exactly how they should, and very smoothly. The fretwork is great.
    I suppose the only downside of this bass is its weight. It’s not so heavy that its not playable, but if it was lighter then it would be “the ultimate” bass for me. I guess that’s just what you have to expect in a bass if you want it solid as a rock.
    As for tone, this thing is a beast. It really cuts through for the type of music I play which is mainly punk stuff. However, I could see this bass suiting in many other band situations.
    Nino is a great guy, as well as he is building basses. If I ever choose to go the custom route again, He’s the guy I’m going to. Planning the bass with him and communicating was painless. However, waiting was another story:)

Here are some pics...

and finally..

2. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Congrats nice bass bro!
  3. Very nice P man! And a very nice Valenti! Rock On.

P.S. Did you get this a while ago and just post about it? Cause I thought I remembered seeing it a while ago...
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Aw man, that is my dream punk band bass right there! :bassist:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, i am glad you had a good guy like Nino build you a solid bass. :) :bassist:
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice, was looking at having Nino do a similar one. Black guard and P/J configuration. And a P-Bass neck.
  7. that tort on white is sooooooooo spicy!!!!

I love it, you really have great taste in basses, and that proves it right there!

Great job Nino, it looks spectacular, and I bet it plays even better!

8. Thanks for all of the compliments everyone...This is definetly a 'punk rock' bass!

Yeah, I did get the bass a while ago, but just wrote the review recently...Too busy playing!
  9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Nino is the man

10. I love it!

Nino builds punk monsters! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a sweet P bass. Nino is getting up there in Lull territory when it comes to passive Fender clones.
  12. Oly White + Tort Guard + Rosewood F/B = ****ing good times!
  13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    About the weight issue, if you get yourself a wide leather strap I guarentee the bass will be more comfortable. I play sixes and had a comfort strap but always had pain after I'd play. I bought a Levy's strap from Guitar Center and I don't have the pain any longer. I never thought much about straps before my experience.
  14. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Nice bass man, I can't wait till I have enough cash for my own Valenti.
  15. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Very nice looking bass, best of luck with it :bassist:

And Nino, once again another beauty :cool:
  16. Very nice looking bass indeed!!!
  17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

+ 1 for the wide strap ...

nice lookin' bass , Nino does build great playing , sounding basses ...
  18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sweet p, dude!
  19. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    That is absolutely gorgeous! I have serious GAS for a hot-rodded P-bass, and you've just raised the pressure. I'm thinking about contacting Nino. I'd want a Jazz neck with ebony fretboard, and maybe one of those Nordstrand dual-coils at the bridge, with a coil splitter. Now that I've seen this one, it might need to be olympic white with tort guard!
  20. jerm

Jul 10, 2005