Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Valenti #15 - Knob Configuration Poll

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Poon, May 24, 2005.

1. Design 1

77 vote(s)
    49.7%
  2. Design 2

78 vote(s)
    50.3%
  1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Which one?

Design 1:
    [​IMG]

Design 2:
    [​IMG]

2. I like number 2 if volume and balance are the ones closest to the pickups. Otherwise, number one and make the two closest to the neck balance and volume. I like easy access to volume for sure.

3. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Frankly I don't like either all that much.
    If it were me I'd space them closer, and do a dual knob for the bass/treble on option 1, or a diamond with option 2. It just looks crowded with 5 knobs on there.

If you really want 5, I'd say the first option, but crunch them together a little more. The knob towards the bridge is just too far over/up and breaks the flow.

If you're stuck on those exact two, I'd go with the second.
    ^_^

4. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    nope...still number 1, looks balanced and even

5. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Won't work man. The knob on the far right has to be in the position that it is in. Warmoth Pre-Drilled the hole there.

6. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    [​IMG]

That's what it would have to look like if we went off your design.

7. oh well it was worth a try, then i go back to my original choice of number 2

edit: i see you made a ver like mine, actually i think it looks pretty hot

8. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Almost certain on the second one. Reminds me of a lakland minus the space for the Coil switch ... well if they were a bit closer. On second thought id bunch them a bit closer... and not line them up cover less of that wonderfull finish and not so squared up

9. Jones_5s

Jones_5s

Feb 24, 2004
    Quebec, Canada
    design 1 is hot it has a good flow with the bass and doesn't make everything look so square

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1, even tho I'm in the minority on this. The other thing is, they're nord pickups, right? :)

11. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd hardly call design 1 in the minority. :smug:

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Considering design 1 is losing in the polls, AND in the posts, I'd definitely call it in the minority.

I'd definitely go design #2.

13. Number 1 for the same reason, number 2 looks too boxy and kinda ruins the flow of the body for me personally. Number two without the pre drilled knob hole would be fine, but since that one is already there I think it takes away from the bass to have it, unbalanced in my eyes and oppinion.

14. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    #2 just seems to fit better to my eyes.

Either way, that is gonna be a killer bass. Nino does great work!

15. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    itdepends, I'm comparing it to mine and it's not as comfortable. # 2 unless the knobs on th far right are volume and balance.