Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Valenti basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anti_Wish, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ok so i dont get this. does this guy use warmoth parts to build a bass for you? and if he does then why are they relatively expensive?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes.

Because Warmoth is relatively expensive. Sit down, price one out. I bet you'll come pretty close to what Nino charges. Then you have to figure he assembles them and wants to turn a bit of profit while he's at it.

I'd say he's more than fair, price wise.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I've priced out Warmoths vs. Valentis -- trust me, Nino is VERY fair in his pricing. He does incredible work.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive played a few Warmoth instruments and none were as nice as the Valentis I own.

Ive priced out a few Warmoths, and Nino is very fair in his prices. The quality of the assembly and setup and worth more than the difference in my opinion.

I plan on buying another from him when I have the cash for a P bass, and another when I feel I can drop the dough for a fretless. Actually I have two P basses planned.

Send him an e-mail, or PM or whatever if you are interested in buying one. Tell him what you want, even if its not listed and then see what he can do for you. Then go see how much it would cost to have it done elsewhere. Also keep in mind that his prices include a very nice case, and one year waranty.

He also has a 5 day aproval period.

I could go on. As a lot of the guys around here know, Im a huge fan of Nino's basses and I can go a little overboard at time when I talk about them.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130645

There is the creation thread for my newest Valenti. Check out some of the extra he does. That doesnt even show how he ends up with a bass that plays a lot better than pretty much any Ive played, or that has a better B than those either.

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'd say there very fairly priced. You have to understand a couple of things when buying a Valenti, your getting a custom bass for the price of most mid ranged or budget basses.

Warmoth parts are good quality, is an ash jazz body from warmoth any less good than an ash body from Fender, G&L or even Sadowsky.

The hardware Nino uses is expensive and high quality there are people that upgrade there passive instruments to Aguilar OBP-1's that Nino uses all the time, if he orders that preamp from warmoth is it any less good than if he'd have ordered it from aguilar or some other retailer.

I consider Hipshot, Gotoh, EMG all good brands I don't care if he buys them from the local flea market if I want EMG's in a bass from Nino he puts EMG's in it.

Theres nothing wrong with buying parts for the bass, Fodera don't make there own tuners but you don't hear people dissing them.

So in summary YES Nino buys from Warmoth and YES all of his basses you could put together yourself, but have you been putting basses together for over 5 years?, do you also work for sadowsky?, do you have countless years experience with high end gear so as to learn what you and other bassist appreciate from a bass? and finally are you possibly the nicest and most helpful guy on the whole of talkbass,

I thought not.

If your not happy with what Nino charges don't buy one, may I recommend Wish Bass. He's cheap and doesn't use Warmoth parts.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    On the Warmoth website:
    http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?fuseaction=include_featured_a

Yes I use Warmoth Neck & Bodies. :)

Unfortunately, for me, Warmoth dosen't offer Builder Discounts so what I pay for the neck & body is what every "Joe Cool" would pay.

8. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    IM SORRY BUT.... NINO I LOVE YOU!

these are some of the finest looking basses on this site! GREAT TASTE DUDE

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    uh, folks? this guy posting this thread is a _KID_ not anyone involved with any luthier. important distinction to be made there - please check out his profile before making any judgements based on his postings.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

it was reason enough for me to report the slam against Nino
    (we could all put that we're 16)

11. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I've got a bass that Nino assembled from Allparts and Fender parts that I gathered up and I could only imagine an actual Valenti being as good or most likely better than this one. If I get another high end bass, I think Nino will be getting my money(unless I decide I want a Ric).

[​IMG]

damn white balance on the camera, the pickguard is parchment.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Even if he is related to the Browne of Browne Basses, I don't think there's any justification for his skepticism or criticism. Nino builds great basses for the money, regardless of where the parts come from. Have never heard a bad thing, or failed to recieve quick, accurate answers from Nino.

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i agree, but there's no need to involve browne basses in this discussion at all - they are in all likelihood an innocent 3rd party.

14. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    There is only one person who came into this thread with malice, the rest of us stated our views and pointed out a couple of things.

Nino is a valued member of this community and there's alot of people that will stand by him, I think the poster of the original topic knew this and was purely posting to get a reaction. After all theres only a few Valenti's out there in the word and the only place you ever hear about them is here and everybody knows who makes them. I understantd that not everybody is gonna like every bass made by some one bbut hey thats life I know that John (Turner) would never buy a Valenti because there not what he needs but he doesn't purposely say anything bad about Nino's products just because Nino doesn't make a 7 or 8 string.

TB is possibly the friendliest community online and in the face of someone who was obviously not trying to be polite I think we did very well giving them an informed and polite answer back.

But then again maybe we're all abit to biased cos Nino's just ace :D

15. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    seriously i am not trying to slam nino I am brownebass_210 because i like mike's basses, my home page is brownebasses.com because i like mikes basses. i wanna try building basses because i like mikes basses. i just thought it was a little fishy that nino was using parts that other people already made. i didnt know that he sold them for pretty much the same as warmoth. in the future i may order a Valenti.

o and i would rather play a old piece of driftwood with yarn as strings and a piece of old decaying crap for a neck than get a wish bass.

16. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma

and i didnt start this thread for a reaction, i didnt start it with "malice" (***?) i just wanted some answers. sorry if i came out mean and im sorry if i offended you in any way. but again i just wanted to know what this guy was about.

17. Well BrowneBass_210 if you truly "didn't want to offend anyone" I think you are LYING! Because you CERTAINLY wanted to offend those who actually LIKE wishbasses! Perhaps when you learn to PLAY, you can actually appreciate the organic sound that Wishes have to offer!

Oh...and I DID intend to offend you... :spit:

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well assuming that you are honest in your second post, Id just suggest that you do some more research before posting.

Also, Id apreciate if you would send Paul a message and requested a name change. This isnt the first time someone thought you were Mike Browne because of your user name and website. It doesnt help his buisiness to have posts like this associated with him and potentially confused with him.

Peace
    Nick
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

19. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    whatever dude at least i got the B*lls to walk away from this without having to make fun of anyone. I said I would never get a wish bass. i never said you shouldnt. o and i can play. benicia california baby come see me. we'll have a "bass-off" ahahahaha thats a hoot. i aint no mamas boy coming here to make fun of people and i aint changing my name for nobody (unless the mods... well you know how that is) so just get off my back allright. you are making a big deal out of nothing. If Mike is getting bad business because of me then mike can tell me. not you Nick.

20. I recently priced up a bass on warmoth.com using their parts, and based on that, I'd say that Nino is MORE than reasonable. And from the work I've seen, the man is both skilled and creative AND most importantly, a good listener.

If I had the disposable income available, I would SERIOUSLY ask Mr. Valenti to produce a gem for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.