1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Valenti Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brianh, Apr 9, 2006.

1. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    I'm sure there's a ton of posts and reviews on this, but here goes:

I'm searching for a nice P-bass. I'm considering a lot of possibilites. I've played old Fenders, Mike Lull, Sadowsky(!), Lakland, Avella-Copallo (!)...and I dig them all.

So, how does a 4 string Valenti P bass shape up to the above? I've heard good things and I know Nino works at Sadowsky...so it's looking good so far. Also, the low cost is attractive.

In a nutshell....I'm looking for the classic p-bass sound and feel and my ideal would be a Sadowsky or Avella-Copallo but I don't want to spend that much money....

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I would send Nino an email. Tell him what you are looking for, and he will shoot straight with you on what he can do for you, I am sure.

Based on all the reviews and pics here on TB, I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    +1. Guarantee you won't be disappointed with one.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive played a few, great basses.

5. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    woudl anyone say that they're on the same level as Sadowsky?

6. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    I would answer that, but i'm afraid hambone might beat me up lol :bag:

I will say this, if you want a Sad, but don't want to spend that amount of cash, a Valenti will most definately get the job done and you'll love the bass like it cost twice as much.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A Valenti isn't a Sadowsky. It's made from Warmoth parts, which are very high quality. The basses are generally a little heavier than NYC Sadowsky's and maybe a hair over Metro's.

Nino's work is top notch, and can be made to order. Nino's a great guy and a straight shooter, barely marks up the basses, and is very easy to work with. I'm getting one soon, but have played a few of his, including the Geddy Vee and a few others. Phenominal basses.

8. ptidwell

ptidwell Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    +1 with one correction Nino uses Warmoth and USACG parts.
    I have a Valenti Jazz 5 (#20) with Nordstrand Dual Coils Aguilar OBP-3 pre Wenge/Wenge neck & board great quality and finish. And yea it's not a Sadowsky, Zon, Fodera, Celinder, F Bass or an MTD but, I would not be at all embarrassed to pull out my Valenti in the presents of the others. For an $1800.00 bass it's playability quality and workmanship is equal to my $3000.00 + bass IMHO, hope this helps.

9. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    big +1. To me a bass earns its keep when you're recording or playing live, and in those situations My my Valenti pulls the weight of a bass 2-3x the price. Can't say enough good things about them. (And Nino too.)

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Nino is always looking for ways to offer more options and improve quality. He started working with USACG which opened up another realm of possibities (thinner neck profiles, 12" radius, etc.).

I've owned #008 for a LONG time now, and since I bought it a lot of basses have come and gone through my house (including Sadowsky and F Bass), but I still own #008. I can't wait to review the PJ he just finished.

11. Why am I getting drug into this?

Nino does great work, period.

12. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Just playin it safe. You almost tore me a new one when i compared my Valenti to my Roscoe:p Though i think in comparison against a Sadowsky it's MUCH more appropriate...right?:bag:

13. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    With #027, which was made with USACG body and neck, the 'feel' or 'essence' of a Sadowsky Metro is present. USACG necks have the finish (satin), profile (shallow 'C'), and radius (12") that Sadowsky's have. To me that is one of the most important attributes when talking about feel. The body is great, and the assembly is impeccible.

Warmoth has a much different neck profile and a 10" radius. Therefore, Nino's basses built with Warmoth parts won't feel like a Sadowsky.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Nino's basses have to be the best bargain on the planet.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Nino does great work and his price point is very appealing.