Valenti or Sadowsky?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I've decided to either get a 5 string Valenti or a 5 string Sadowsky.
    But I can't make up my mind. Valenti's are chedaper than Sads. Yet... its a Sadowsky :D
    I also think Valenti's look better. But, on my 5'er I want a good string spacing. I dont want it tight. I also want a good slap tone.
    As well as an easy tapping fretboard. I'm weighing my options. and I cant make up my mind! :crying:
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

How much money you got to spend? :eyebrow: Valenti is one of the best values in bassdom! Sorta like Avatar is to the speaker cab world! It's not a Sadowsky but it is very Sadowsky-ish! I'm saving up for one.
  3. I'm willing to save up how ever much I need.
    I'll be 100% able to geta valenti end of this summer cause of the job I'm getting. But I'll still need to save a little more for a sadowsky. I'm probably gonna get a Valenit. But i still dont know
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Good call!! Nino will do you right!!
  5. can someone give me some pros and cons on Valenti's. How's the slap tone? I want a bass withna great slap tone and tap tone. As well as finger style.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Their is a few reviews around here written by Talk Bassers you should check out. :)
  7. I'm not too worried about resale value. I dont like to sell gear, unless I really really have too.After reading the reviews of valenti basses, they seem like a winner! Though I must say an active/passive switch would come in handy.
  8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Aguilar pre's come with a act./pass. switch (I thought)... Doesn't he offer those in the basses??
  9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I went through the same decision process as you. The bottom line is that if "you want what you want", meaning you choose the components and options, then Valenti is the way to go, else you can spend twice as much for the Sadowsky.

This is my main bass now, and it came out better than I thought. Nino is da man...

10. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    My volume control is push/pull for Active/passive. I've got the Aguilar OBP-3.
  11. Hey AJ, hows the B on the Valenti? I'm looking at a 5'er
  12. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    no matter which way you go, Nino's got his grubby hands on it :p

just kidding, I'd go with the Valenti just because I wouldn't have to sell my truck to get one, but Sadowsky does offer my favorite shade of metallic blue.
  13. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    oh, didn't know that. I thought he just offered the Warmoth colors. I kinda like LPB, but in most LPB pics I've seen, it's a little too light for my liking, but I've seen some that look darker.
  14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I would almost consider Anthony a friend but I love my Sadowsky's When in NYC, go and play both. Make up your own mind.

15. I don't know about you but... I'm not gonna go to NY just to play some basses :D
  16. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Is there a better reason?!?!?!!!??
    If I just didn't stumble into a good deal with my F Bass BN5, I already had a Valenti picked out, money ready to go. Just so happened that this F messed everything up for me ;) .
    I own and have owned a few Sadowsky's, and from what I read here, I was gonna give it a go with Sadowsky p-ups and pre in one of Nino's basses.
    Man, that would have been a good A/B huh?!?!
    A Valenti and a Sadowsky.
  17. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    If you want one of the models offered as a Metro ... then Sad's are not really that expensive. I've had my RV5 a couple weeks and I'm ready to call $2200 an absolute steal for a bass of that quality. I seriously can't put the thing down, I feel like I'm in middle school again running home to practice.

It does look like Nino does great work though ...
  18. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    The B is just fine over here. Even for a 34" scale, it's pretty well defined.
  19. Would it be better for me to use a higher gauge B?
  20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've decieded that I'm going to offer a preamp bypass standard on my basses. :)