1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Valenti VMJ 5 String Jazz Bass FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tslicebass, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tslicebass

Tslicebass Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Up for sale is my like new Valenti VMJ5 5 String Jazz Bass
    $1500 Shipped. $1400 local pickup (Chicago area). Ships in a nice TKL case... somewhere between a traditional hard case and gig bag.
    Specs (From Nino's Site)
    Tim Seisser
    VMJ5 #126
    Weight: 8LBS
    Specs:
    Swamp Ash Body
    Black Finish
    Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck
    Maple fretboard
    1 7/8" Nut Width
    Nordstrand Big Single pickups
    Passive wiring
    HipShot Vintage Style Bridge
    HipShot Ultra Lite Tuning Gears
    Dunlop straplocks

Some other facts
    34 in scale neck. 19 mm spacing. Although in my opinion both of these things (scale and spacing) feel bigger to me.
    This bass is super light and feels great on the shoulders and back. Sounds like a jazz bass on steriods. Super punchy and cuts great in the mix. Killer slap tone and great tone from both pickups separate and even better together.
    Knobs are set up for Volume/Balance/Passive Tone
    There is some very nice subtle flame on the fingerboard and birdseye on the back of the neck. I tried to photograph them but the camera really doesn't capture it.
    I took delivery of this bass in August 2011. It has been out to probably about 30 gigs between now and then. I had it professionally set up by jerry Loy of Player's Guitars. Will be sold with a brand new set of your choice of strings. (within reason price-wise)
    This bass is in brand new condition with the exception of a very small, practically unnoticeable nick on the top of the headstock (see pics) and some minor swirling on the pickguard. Amazing clean finish. 9.5/10
    The only reason I am selling it is that I cannot get used to the feel of the neck. I am too used to my Custom Bordwells to be switching between the Valenti and them. So I am having Cliff build me the duplicate of this bass with my usual neck specs.
    NO TRADES! I need the money to pay off the balance on aforementioned Bordwell.
    I am not in a hurry to sell this bass so please no haggling.

You can find more pictures on Nino's site under latest basses
    Welcome to ValentiBasses.com
    Scroll down to #126
    You can also see a pic on the models page under the VMJ section
    DSCN1463.
    DSCN1465.
    DSCN1472.
    DSCN1474.
    DSCN1470.
    DSCN1478.
    DSCN1468.
    DSCN1477.

The Ding
    DSCN1479.

And here are some videos of the bass in action
    William Kurk Enterprise- "Footprints" (Wayne Shorter cover) - YouTube (bass solo starts at 1.30)
    Flux Density Live @ The Elbo Room "Cold Sweat" - YouTube (bass solo starts at 3.40)
    "Conclusions"- William Kurk Enterprise [Live at Mayne Stage] - YouTube

I can also get my heads on some pro studio recordings I did with it that are not quite finished yet.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Fantastic playing in those clips!

3. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Georgeous!! I have #97 and love it its my main player!! Short little bump for a killer Valenti. I should also give props for Nino himself while Im at it who always responds to customer service! Good luck with your sale!

Nice licks in those clips!!

Mark

4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Bump for a great bass...

5. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
  6. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Another bump. Here is a chance to get what is essentially a new Valenti for a discounted price :bassist:

7. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    How hard would it be for me to add a preamp?

8. alxurb

alxurb Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Northern California
    PM sent

9. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Sorry for the hella late response. The bass is rear routed so adding a preamp would be a piece of cake.

10. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    PM's sent. Sorry for the late responses guys. Been swamped the last week or so and haven't had a chance to check in here
    :bassist:

11. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Figured I'd drop in for a Valenti plug. The Flux Density clip didn't work, but I found this which showcases the finger and slap tones nicely.

Good luck with the sale. My Valenti sits in the mix like no other bass (Fodera, Sadowsky, ______, etc...) I've owned has. Someone is going to be VERY pleased with this purchase!

12. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    1st Price Drop!!! Still here. Ships with a tkl case, new set of strings and a great setup! :bassist:

13. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks gruuv. Link changed.
    This thing does absolutely kill in the mix... one of the biggest reasons why I hate to see it go. The swamp/maple combo and big singles are the truth!

14. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bump for a great sounding bass and a monster player.

That was a really nice solo on "Footprints" Tim!!!

15. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Well... against my better judgement I am gonna add some trade bait here.
    I am specifically looking for a 4 string jazz bass with 70's bridge pickup spacing. A Geddy Lee, or 70's MIM jazz bass plus cash on your end is ideal.

16. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Sunday funday bump
    :bassist:

17. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Still here. Might be canceling the trade idea soon so if you got a 4 string jazz bass with 70's pickup spacing hit me up! :bassist:

18. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    On hold. Pending Payment

19. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    SOLD!!! :hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.