Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Valentines Day Plans

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Feb 10, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    So what are you doing with/for you significant other this Valentine's Day?

I have no plans, as of yet. I'm looking for good ideas though. I'm not a huge fan of the holiday, personally think its just a big con invented by Hallmark. If it was up to me I'd rent a movie and get take out...but the misses wouldn't be havin' that.

So, I'd like to do something special for her...but i'm not into the typical flowers and chocolates thing. If it comes down to it thats my last resort, but I know my woman would prefer something more original and personal than that.

What's everyone else have planned?

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I dont have a significant other.

3. Not spending money!

Ahh, the one benefit of breaking up two weeks before valentines day.

4. Tickets to Rob Zombie (and Lacuna Coil) on March 19th at House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista Orlando Florida!!!! she doesnt even know that he's coming to O-Town!!! Its a total surprise!!!

-ryan-

5. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    The things that really matter to women on Valentine's Day are the things that don't even cost money. The little things that we men take for granted are HUGE to them.

Instead of giving her a card, write a hand-written note to her and put it in an envelope. Or just get a blank card and write it your self. This takes alot more thought and is much more personal.

Instead of giving her candy, give her chocolate covered strawberries.

Instead of going out to dinner, prepare a full 3 course meal at home for her, something different that you or her wouldn't normally make at home. (check www.meals.com for recipes!)

There's alot more ideas, but I guess the point is to think outside the box instead of doing the normal things everyone does every year...she'll thank you for it!

6. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    I'm making my woman a nice dinner with salad and dessert and all the good stuff, and some wine! It's better and cheaper than going out and she appreciates it more because I made it myself! Hopefully! Plus I enjoy cooking and she has no idea that I'm doing it. Plus a little mood music, some nice slow jazz...

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa

If you decide to write her a note yourself, copy the poem or whatever from the inside of a standard Hallmark card.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'll probably play her a song that "i wrote for her" which is actually a song i wrote back in 8th grade that sounds very uh... pretty. so since then, i've just told girls i wrote it for them.

:bassist:

9. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm the luckiest man on earth! My wife, originally from Incheon, South Korea, but now one of us, honestly thinks Valentine's Day is a bunch of hooey. I did the card-chocolates-flowers-dinner thing with her when I was trying to convince her I was worthy of her... after the second V-day of our relationship, she very sweetly told me that all of that wasn't necessary, and she really meant it! We got married 10 days later on the 24th. V-day is just another day in the year for this husband... :D

10. Party in my house!

11. Getting married.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Awesome, Geoff! Congrats!

We'll be doing the dinner and a movie thing. It may sound boring, but with our opposing schedules and a 2-year old that we rarely have a sitter for, it's a very welcome change. That's in addition the gifts stuff.

13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    heh, I do that with the beginning of aeroplane. :)
    Congratulations!

14. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    Tequila. Tends to make her clothes fall off! :)

15. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Watching House and thinking in the back of my mind "why am I alone?"

16. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Oh hell yes! Arriba!!!!!

17. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I'm going to the Valentine's Day Massacre at Club Crannell in Poughkeepsie. Remembering Never, Death Before Dishonor, Ramallah...should be fun.

I'm also buying Saw 2.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Don't forget My Bloody Valentine, an 80s Valentine's day horror classic :)

19. Nothing...
    ...but two guys from work are taking advantage of our new gay marriage laws and are getting hitched! I'm going to the party, but that's not for a few days. Should be a laugh :)

20. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Trying not to get drunk

Trying not to wallow in self loathing

Perhaps taking in a nice romantic AA meeting