1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Valeton Aquaflow Vintage Chorus or TC electronic Afterglow Chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Have anyone tried this pedal for bass?

The reason why I ask is that I ponder buying one.

What attract me the most is the low price and that it actually have a mix knob between effected and unaffected sound.

It should be an analog clone based on the chorus found in the Roland Jazz Chorus 120 amp.
    150810288579002.jpg

What I am pondering on is running 1 dry amp, which will be my Trace Elliot, and then run a slight bit of chorus and maybe a tad of room reverb too through a Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21 with a bit of low grit to it and into my active PA speaker with disabled horn.

I have good experiences with doing something similar when recording bass using VST's for the job, so thought it might work well for a basic live recording/live/rehearsal sound.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Driven Crane likes this.
  2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Just discovered TC Electronics has an analog chorus pedal that has the exact the same price tag and only lag the tone knob of the Valeton to have the same controls.

There isn't any demos on YouTube of the Valenton on bass, but there a single one of the TC Electronic one, which sounds good to my ears.

Please do comment if you indeed have any experience with the Valenton.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    No experience with either pedal, but TC is a more well-regarded brand all around; I think Valeton is about in the same camp as Mooer, Donner, and the other budget-pedal makers.

blindrabbit likes this.
  4. Get the TC. TC makes some of the best choruses ever. They sound amazing, and it is a great company.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021