Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$$ Value of '69 Fretless ????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tony danza, Feb 6, 2004.

1. tony danza

tony danza

Feb 6, 2004
    I got a '69 fretless fender precision in good cond., all orignal except for the additin of a jazz pup and fret markers. How much is this really worth?
    the least if i took it to a store ?

the max if i put it on the web and got lucky?

thank you!!!!!!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    pics?

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If it was 100% stock, about $1000-1500. Because of the mods, maybe $800.

A store will give you about half of that (they need to make money when they sell it).

4. If its in good shape finish wise and everything is functional, I'd say a shop would give you 300 to 550 for it, depending on your locale.

The mods have ruined its value as a vintage instrument, so if you sold it via a classified, don't expect to get more than 600 to 700 for it. Unless someone actually tries it out and can't live without it, in which case you might be able to get 800 to 1000.

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    ALso, you gotta take in to consideration that it is POST-CBS ;P

D

6. $500.00....is what it's really worth because it's a frankenbass now.

If you take it to a store they will offer you half the value because they need to mark it up at least 100% to make money on it. :meh:

Not fair, but its the reality behind stores and resale.

Your best bet, would be to sell it on Ebay or offer it in atrade for something you really want. IMHO.

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. kckassbassist15

kckassbassist15 Guest

Feb 6, 2004
    tucson
    You will be lucky to get $1000 for it. The only way You will get it for 1000 is if u sell it on ebay.If u take it to a store you will be lucky to get 600 for it. Thats just how it is.