1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Value of a 1993 Pedulla Thunderbass ET5???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andrewplaysbass, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Andrewplaysbass

Andrewplaysbass

Jan 9, 2012
    I just purchased a 1993 Pedulla Thunderbass ET5 bubinga in great condition. No damage.

It was pre-thunderguts switch so it does not have one.
    It is missing a cap that covers the gear of one of the tuning pegs (not a big deal).
    It comes with the original Pedulla Hardcase in decent condition
    Bought from original owner.
    I paid $1,300 shipped.

I've done a lot of research, and can't come up with a number as to the value of a Pedulla Thunderbass ET5 that old.

Did I get a deal, steal, or pay too much? Also, what's a proper value for this bass?

Thanks fellow bass players!

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I paid 900 for one and I've seen them sell for 2000+ (clean new ones). I had a shop refuse to trade me a hamer cruise for one. Great basses, but lots of variance on price. Be sure to try pedulla strings on it.

3. not to be "that guy" but for future reference, you have to be a supporting member to ask questions of value.
    However, I really wanna see pictures of this bass!

4. Andrewplaysbass

Andrewplaysbass

Jan 9, 2012
    @pickles: Thanks for the info!
    @Spleenface92: I happened to notice that you are not labeled as a "supporting member" either... no offense intended, but let he who is a "supporting member" cast the first stone... I just registered yesterday and have hardly gotten my cyber feet wet.
    I will post pictures tomorrow when I find the time!