value of a '68 Fender P-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rolliefingers, Jun 6, 2005.

1. hey gang - i have a '68 p-bass i'm debating on selling due to the current hot vintage market. i'm not soliciting the sale of this bass on this forum - just it's value. it's a sunburst, rw, tort guard (surprise, surprise) i believe the only non-original parts are the badass bridge the brass nut (bought it that way in early eighties..) and perhaps a washer and screw on one of the tuners, but it's otherwise original to my knowledge. some belt buckle rash and dings and chips - perhaps fair cosmetic condition! another possibly desirable feature is that it has the oval tuners and smaller decal of the '66 ish fenders - i've pulled the neck and confirmed the 5/5/68b stamp (stinco de mayo!) but never looked at the pots and so forth... perhaps assembled in '68 with some earlier parts? if i do sell it., i'll only do one photo shoot of these aspects as i dislike the idea of invasive examinations of the old boy... it's a great player w/ great tone - a little tighter and woodier than most p-basses. but i was wondering if y'all could give me a rough idea of what it might realistically fetch on say ebay or the like - i've seen a few GC's with '68's on ebay asking around $3K, but they don't seem to be selling... thoughts, questions, suggestions welcome.

2. SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I've been looking for a vintage base myself, and I've noticed those eBay ones you mention for that price.

Seems that it really depends on if the Bass has all original parts or not. I've notice some people parting them out, which may or may not get you more money.

I don't know. I'd say it's worth $350.00. Send me an email and we'll close the deal, quickly! :D

Try gbase. Maybe you'll get a better idea of what your is worth.