Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Value of a Steinberger XM-2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by YosemiteSam, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate of the value of a Steinberger XM-2, or send me a pointer to a resource where I could find the info? Sort of a "Blue Book of Guitar Values" kind of thing?

As far as I can tell it's an original run XM-2, meaning it's got the wood double cutaway body (white) with black edge binding, and (2) EMG humbuckers. It's in great shape, plays and sounds great, I'm just wondering how much it's worth.

Thanks in advance,

-- Sam

Edited to add: I did check on eBay, but there's nothing like this currently listed...

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Yosemite,

They do regularly come up on eBay (try a completed auction search). However, based on what I've seen, I'd say average would be around $600 give or take a hundred. I used to own an XM-25 which I bought for about $600 and sold for $795.

Bones

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    XM basses seem to be trending up in value. I'd say $600 to $700 for an XM2, and $700 to $800 for an XM2A, both in good conditon. An XM2/2A with TransTrem will bring up to twice that.