Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Value of a used Ampeg B2R?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jan 9, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    There's one of these at a local secondhand store - what's a fair value in decent condition?

(I probably don't want it, so if there's anyone in the Chicago area that's interested, let me know and I'll steer you in...)

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    let me see they are $550 new, so I guess around $350. But if I were you I'd look for and old SVT 200t instead it is also solid state and around $300-$400 used and is a much better sounding amp. The tone controls are completly different and to me a much warmer sounding amp. They pop up on ebay about once a month. just my 2 cents.

3. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks. Like I said, I'm really not too interested myself (I'm building a rack right now), but I gave a fleeting thought to picking it up as a practice amp. I think they want $225.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    wow that's a great price. I have the B4r same pre amp with 2 power sections. for that price you might want to pick it up to use for practice or as a back up to your main amp.

5. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hmmmm...I'll have to take a drive over there to doublecheck the price. They also have a Shure UT wireless that I think I can get for $175 or so.

Thanks!

6. whoa, whoa! I'm looking for a B2R, and i'm looking to buy used! I'm in the Chicago area. do you know if there's anything wrong with it? and are you buying it? If you dont want it, i'll take it! (as long there's nothing horribly wrong with it).
    Chris

7. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Chris - check your email...