Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Value of my amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by UrbanAssault415, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Is there a website that give a value for used gear?

i have a cerca 1970 Kustom III BASS amp and want to know how much its worth i want to get more modern gear

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sell the old Kustom and buy a new one (Kustom Groove Bass 1200)!

Seriously, do a seach on Ebay and use the "completed items" feature on the advanced search

3. i cant do an advanced search i dont have an ebay account :(

4. Does this amp have a huge "K" in white letters with the word "Kustom" in much smaller letters to the right of the letter K? And is it "regular" vinyl, not "tuck-and-roll"?

Try this link, see if this is a picture of it:

http://www.elluzion.net/img/gear/kustom3bassamp.jpg

If so, this is a very late 70's Kustom, not the more desirable late 60's-early 70's "tuck and roll" models. So the value wouldn't be much, IMHO, maybe $100 or 150 depending on shape...

(The original Kustom owner/founder sold his company in the mid 70's....)

5. yep thats it in the picture

6. IMHO:
    If you sold it to somebody, *maybe* you could talk them into 150 but it'd have to be in absolutely perfect condition, and you'd have to be a great salesman!! Otherwise, probably only $100 or so, because IIRC this amp only puts out around 130 watts.

Trading it in, you wouldn't get much at all, nobody ever does--unless the dealer has the "sticker price" already jacked up high. (Just like the car lots that tell you "drag any car in and we'll give you $5000 in trade for it!!!)