Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

value of the fender 400ps i just got?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marauder, Oct 26, 2005.

1. marauder

marauder

Oct 26, 2005
    so i just got a sweet deal on a fender 400ps.. one of the monsters of all tube bass amps.. and i was wondering what these thing typically go for when they are actually being sold.. it has alot of wear form over the years and its a silverface models.. 3 outputs.. 6 6550's a 6l6 and some pre amp tubes.. its a beast really.. would it be resonable to trade this to someone for an older svt? i just know its not going to be pratical for what im doing. please just let me know.. thanks so much :)

2. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I've seen them go for $400 - $500 locally. They're good amps, but where they screwed up is in the output section. That's probably why they don't command the prices old SVTs do.

3. AGCurry

AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    About $50. I'll take it off your hands.

4. About a year ago there was one in the local shop. It stayed on the floor for a couple months and then was sold on ebay for about $400.

5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

By the output section do you mean the three 135watt outputs instead of two more powerful ones?

6. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Yup.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    or just one with the ability to run at different ohms

8. I have the option to grab one of these amps at a reasonable price, but I don't know if the amp will suit my playing style?

What sort of tone do these things have say compared to a Trace V8 or a SUNN 300T?