Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, no doubt it's better and cheaper than the POD, but I've yet to hear a digital amp modeler that I thought sounded good. I'll give it a listen though, just to be open minded.
  2. Hope it's better than the guitar one .

Dumbest purchase of my life .
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    why the ridiculous shape?
  4. [​IMG]

Get it?
  5. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I'm interested in it. It'll cost less than a Bass Pod, and you can use the effects without modeling an amp. I'm not sure about the guitar/keyboard uses built in as well, and I wish it had an Eden cab model built in. Aside from those two points I'm really want to try it out.
  6. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I have the guitar v-amp 2 it's excellent for recording and quite good for live situations if you have the right head/cab combination. As far as bass applications go it won't make a crappy bass sound great but it does add punch and good all around tone to my sound. I'll probably get the bass v-amp depending on how the reviews go. There's really only two or three amp models on the guitar V-amp that are suitable for bass. Behringer seem to be a great company too, I had some problems with getting my vamp to save presets and they mailed me a new EEPROM to see if that fixed the problem.
  7. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    I have been hoping they would come out with this! It is cool that it can be used for an acoustic guitar too!

I know berenger is known for their quality, so perhaps this will be good.

Any other opinions on the guitar one?
    Are the effects foot switchable? I was thinking more for live situations. I know it is more designed for recording.
  8. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    The footswitch only switches patches and there is a slight delay where no sound is being put out when switching patches so for live situations that sucks, but like you said it's really made for recording. You may be able to change effects with the optional midi footswitch but I'm not sure. I wonder if they fixed the delay between patches on the new rack versions of the v-amp's.
  9. RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I was looking at buying a V-amp2, but I think I'll wait and nab one of these guys. I think adding a couple of guitar amps was a great idea, since it allows bassists to record a bit of guitar without shelling out money for a second modeler.