Van Hagar is BACK!! *happy dance*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BaroqueBass, Mar 27, 2004.

1. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I think they've definately become a parody of themselves.

In my defense.... I've seen them with Dave AND Sammy through the 80's. They just don't thrill me anymore.

I would like to hear Mike play without being held back by the brothers though.
  3. I know...

Mike and the Halen brothers shoulda closed the VH book a long time ago.
  4. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    That song was on the "Twister" soundtrack (the movie, not the party game).
  5. hmmm, I think Mike Anthony and Hagar should have continued their Planet US band instead....
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If I were Sammy I'd stay in Cabo (a.k.a. paradise) and play with the band he has down there. I would not want a return to what has become a real world Spinal Tap.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm not too committed to anything vis-a-vis Van Halen/Hagar, no real strong opinion...

...however, having witnessed first hand Sammy & Co. at home in "paradise", I know I wouldn't give that up to go out on the road with anyone...

No comment on the VH bros either, but Sammy is a very cool guy, very friendly and kind.

...'scuse me whilst I go watch that video of me playing "Black & Blue" onstage at Cabo Wabo with him...

(I'm too cool for myself....:cool: )
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    music related (vaguely ;) ) so off to misc.
  10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I miss Gary Cherone... seriously.
  11. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
  12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Ya, extreme was great. Never heard a "VH" tune with him in it, I refuse to.

Sammy is cool, Sammy is coolest as a solo artist.

Van Halen is not VH without Diamond Dave, period.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I agree with Gard. Anyone who has seen Sammy play in Cabo has to wonder what in the thunder he is thinking leaving that behind to play with the VH brothers, who will prolly kick him out AGAIN before the tour even starts.

14. When the local radio guys announced VanHagaar was coming to Phoenix, they said Sammy laid down the law on two points:

1) Michael Anthony was in, or the deal is dead.

2) Sammy calls all the shots- the name might be VanHalen, but its gonna be Hagaars' show.

Thus Sammy reserves the right to kick them out :D

15. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm...a band called Van Halen, featuring Eddie and Alex, with Jack Daniels on bass...

Kick them out????

That'd be like gymnast Dave kicking them out, all over again...
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They all probably $till have hou$e (I mean man$ion) payment$ and $tuff, Divorce $ettlement$$$$$$$$. Y'know, $tuff like that.
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, that's a load of crap. Sammy can say he's calling the shots all he wants, but he won't be. This "reunion" is never going to happen. VH will fall farther from grace, and I will be even more embarassed to have this screen name.

18. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
  19. Geez,Mike! If ya feel that strongly about it... ;)

Actually, if you look at what happened last time, Sammy calls the shots regardless of who is in "charge". No Sammy, no VanHalen. No disrespect meant to Gary Cherone, but that was an awful experiment gone bad.

20. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    While it is true VHIII sucked beyond suckage, Gary LIVE with VH was actually quite good.
    He sang the Dave material WAY better. Sammy never sounded right on the Dave stuff (Jump sounded like crap raised to the key of D).
    And he had the range and tone to sing the Sammy stuff very convincingly. Something Dave couldn't have done in his wildest dreams.