Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Van Halen - Dance the Night Away

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by jeff62, Feb 13, 2006.

1. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone have tab for this? Or a listing of the note structure he's playing during the verse / chorus? Just ain't hearing this one. :meh: Thanks in advance for anyone that can offer help.

2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    You've got to be kidding me. One of the easiest bass lines on the planet,and you need tabs?

3. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I'm obviously not as good as you, in fact, I just picked the instrument up. Some things I'm hearing fine, others not. Figured a question to the collective knowledge might be helpful. I'd be grateful for help. Smart ass, belittling replies OTOH.... well, that's better left to karma to handle. Sheesh.

4. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    If you are still stuck in a few days, feel free to PM me.

DCat,

5. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    1 5 4 1 4 5 in E is what I think I hear as I play it in my head. It's probably the 6 during the Oooh Baby Baby part.

I'd have to pull out the record to be sure. Which would mean i'd have to pull out a turntable, and preamp, I'd probably have to go garage sale'ing for a stereo to plug it in to..

Then again, it could be a pedal E thru the whole song. It wouldn't be a first time for Van Halen.

6. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    ohhh and didn't Van Halen tune down a half step.. maybe? Or was that later? I don't recall.
    That'd make the song play in Eb standard tuning..

7. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks and kudos to DaftCat and TL5. I'll be giving this some more time over the next couple of days as I finish learning six other songs that I have a decent handle on for a band tryout. DaftCat - I really appreciate the opportunity to PM you and may take you up on that.