Van Helsing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, May 8, 2004.

1. I saw that last nite. The CGI graphics were nice, but it really wasn't a good movie. You know, Parisian Gendarmes with German accents. Mr. Hyde was a CGI Andre The Giant. Huge Ackman turns into... get this... a werewolf who's claws go "snikt." Wait for this one folks. I should have seen the Mary Kate and Ashley movie instead.
  2. lol...

i was goin to watch van helsing, still might though... iono why, probably cuz all the other movies right now at the thearters blow
  3. I saw it last night, i thought it was cheesy...but still entertaining. What can you expect when they are mixing stories of all the great horrors? I got the Andre the Giant vibe form Hyde too.
    The werewolf cg looked awsome!
    I thought it was fun though cause i kept my expectaions low. It wasnt the worst movie i seen for 7$

P.s. Vamp chicks were hot+1
  4. I forgot about the Peter Boyle Frankenstein monster too!

The CG Werewolf/Dracula thing was cool, but it just went too fast. No drama in it, a lot of swirling visuals.
  5. well, i was just glad to see the frankenstein monster portrayed as mary shelly actually made him. i mean, come on, he's probably a great guy once you get to know him!

the story was alright, i mean, it could have been worse, a lot worse.
    i still think 7.50 is a ripoff for movies. but thats another thread right? ;)

6. I saw New York Minute, the Olsen twins movie. It was ok.
    But you get to see Ashley Olsen in the shower!! :-D
  7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Isn't Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing? That right there is enough to make it worth seeing.

8. Yes she 3 very howt vampire ladies :D
  9. $7, you say?
    I paid $14 because my friend wanted to watch it in the ArcLight cineramadome.

It reminded me of a meal I had a little while ago with a bunch of friends at a tempura bar: It was good, but not $72 good.
  10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    You're in college and you can afford $72 meals!? Or do you only eat twice a month?

EDIT: forgot to put the word "eat" in there.
  11. Well, I have the privilege of having parents who can afford to send both my brother and I to university and also give us spending money.

But after that meal, I was cooking and eating at home a lot to save money, because I really hate it when I have to ask my parents for more money.
  12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I refuse to see this movie on the grounds of excessive stupidity.

I bet they also use the word dandruff alot. I just can't deal with that.
  13. Happy 2000 posts Mr. Benjamin Strange!!

14. *runs to the theatre at ass tearing speed*
  15. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    oh yes! *drooling"

imo, i liked van helsing, lots of entertainment :)
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    but...they only show her face.. :p

17. [​IMG]
  18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Saw it last night...

Not exactly Oscar winning material to say the least, but it was somewhat entertaining.

The lead characters were a too bit superhuman for my taste, no real character development, lousy script.... But it was somewhat entertaining as I said.
  19. and her legs.. and her shoulders. That's enough to give you a boner right there!
  20. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Can you say "boner" on TB?

Boner, boner, boner...