Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Van Morrison Brown Eyed Girl

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by bass_is_for_me, Mar 26, 2003.

1. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    Can someone please help me out?
    If someone could label the parts of the tab that would really help me out.
    Ex: Intro Verse chorus solo....

fig. 1 (x5)
    G:---------|----------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:---------|*-----------------2-2--4-4--5----------------------------------*|
    A:---------|*-----2--3-----3--------------------2--4-----5-----------------*|
    E:-0--2--3-|---3----------------------------------------------0----1----2---|

G:---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:---------------------------2-2-4-4--5--------------------------------------|
    A:-------------2--2--3----3-------------------2-4-4--5-----5-----0--2--3-----|
    E:--3-------3----------------------------------------------------------------|

D:------------------------4---5--------------2-----2-------------------------|
    A:--0--3--4--5----5----X--------------2---5-------------0--2--3----3---0--4--|
    E:---------------------------------3-----------------------------------------|

% Sign

G:-----------------------------------------------------|-------------|
    D:------------5-------------------------------3-----4--|-fig-1--x3---|
    A:5---5---/7-----7------2----3--0--5----5--5-----5-----|-------------|
    E:------------------3----------------------------------|-------------|

D:-------------------------2---4---5-----------------------------------------|
    A:------------2---3----3----------------2--4---5---5---0--2--3-----3--0--3--4|
    E:--3------3-----------------------------------------------------------------|

D:---------------------------5--2--------2-----------2-----------------------|
    A:--5---5--5---------2---5------------2-----0--2--3-----0--4--5--------------|
    E:------------0--3-------------------------------------------------2----5---2|

go to coda *0*
    last time

G:---------------------------------------------------7--------7-----7------|-|
    D:---------------------------------7-------------7------7------------------|-|
    A:-----2----3--3--4--5---5--5---5------r------5------------5---------------|-|
    E:--3------------------------------------------------------------------0--2/3|

D:--------------------------------------------------------2--2--3--3--4--4--5|
    A:------------0--2--3-----------------------2----3--4--5---------------------|
    E:---3-----3-----------0---1----2----3---3-----------------------------------|

D:----5---------------------2-----4--5--------------------------------------5|
    A:--------2---5---3--3---3-----3--------2----3----4---5--5---5--5--5----5----|
    E:---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

D:---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5--------------------------|
    A:---------------------------------------------------7--5-\--------------2--3|
    E:----------------------------------------------------------3---------3------|

DS % al Coda *0*

G:----------------------------------------------|
    D:-----2--4--5----r---------------------5-------|
    A:--3--------------------2---5----5-/7-----7----|
    E:--------------------3-------------------------|

CODA *0* repeat and
    fade...
    G:------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:*-----------------------2--3--4--5-------------------------------*|
    A:*-------------2---3--3--------------2----3--4--5-----------0-----*|
    E:---3---3---3--------------------------------------0--2--------2---|

2. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Wow, this is confusing to me.....and I've been playing the song since 1967.

3. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    Any tips?

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I've always just figured out songs by listening to it because I can't read music nor have ever used tabs. I just follow the chord pattern....G...C...D...

The bass line goes GGGBCEGbGG(octove higher)GBCEF#G over and over through the verses.

Sorry if I don't explain this very well. It's easy to play but when someone asks me what I'm doing, I have to think.

5. the progression is G C G D the tab is right... that is the one that i started playing it from and then i put my own twist on things.

if you follow the tab with the repeats and it is hard to explain the coda thing. that is a musical term that makes you go from the start to the "D.S. al coda" then you go from the "DS" to the % and then from there you go to the "To Coda:" then to the spot that says CODA:

hope that helped i can explain later respond if you need more help.

Adam