Van Morrison Brown Eyed Girl

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by bass_is_for_me, Mar 26, 2003.

1. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    Can someone please help me out?
    If someone could label the parts of the tab that would really help me out.
    Ex: Intro Verse chorus solo....

fig. 1 (x5)
    G:---------|----------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:---------|*-----------------2-2--4-4--5----------------------------------*|
    A:---------|*-----2--3-----3--------------------2--4-----5-----------------*|
    E:-0--2--3-|---3----------------------------------------------0----1----2---|

G:---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:---------------------------2-2-4-4--5--------------------------------------|
    A:-------------2--2--3----3-------------------2-4-4--5-----5-----0--2--3-----|
    E:--3-------3----------------------------------------------------------------|

D:------------------------4---5--------------2-----2-------------------------|
    A:--0--3--4--5----5----X--------------2---5-------------0--2--3----3---0--4--|
    E:---------------------------------3-----------------------------------------|

% Sign

G:-----------------------------------------------------|-------------|
    D:------------5-------------------------------3-----4--|-fig-1--x3---|
    A:5---5---/7-----7------2----3--0--5----5--5-----5-----|-------------|
    E:------------------3----------------------------------|-------------|

D:-------------------------2---4---5-----------------------------------------|
    A:------------2---3----3----------------2--4---5---5---0--2--3-----3--0--3--4|
    E:--3------3-----------------------------------------------------------------|

D:---------------------------5--2--------2-----------2-----------------------|
    A:--5---5--5---------2---5------------2-----0--2--3-----0--4--5--------------|
    E:------------0--3-------------------------------------------------2----5---2|

go to coda *0*
    last time

G:---------------------------------------------------7--------7-----7------|-|
    D:---------------------------------7-------------7------7------------------|-|
    A:-----2----3--3--4--5---5--5---5------r------5------------5---------------|-|
    E:--3------------------------------------------------------------------0--2/3|

D:--------------------------------------------------------2--2--3--3--4--4--5|
    A:------------0--2--3-----------------------2----3--4--5---------------------|
    E:---3-----3-----------0---1----2----3---3-----------------------------------|

D:----5---------------------2-----4--5--------------------------------------5|
    A:--------2---5---3--3---3-----3--------2----3----4---5--5---5--5--5----5----|
    E:---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

D:---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5---5--5--------------------------|
    A:---------------------------------------------------7--5-\--------------2--3|
    E:----------------------------------------------------------3---------3------|

DS % al Coda *0*

G:----------------------------------------------|
    D:-----2--4--5----r---------------------5-------|
    A:--3--------------------2---5----5-/7-----7----|
    E:--------------------3-------------------------|

CODA *0* repeat and
    fade...
    G:------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D:*-----------------------2--3--4--5-------------------------------*|
    A:*-------------2---3--3--------------2----3--4--5-----------0-----*|
    E:---3---3---3--------------------------------------0--2--------2---|

2. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Wow, this is confusing to me.....and I've been playing the song since 1967.

3. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    Any tips?

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I've always just figured out songs by listening to it because I can't read music nor have ever used tabs. I just follow the chord pattern....G...C...D...

The bass line goes GGGBCEGbGG(octove higher)GBCEF#G over and over through the verses.

Sorry if I don't explain this very well. It's easy to play but when someone asks me what I'm doing, I have to think.

5. the progression is G C G D the tab is right... that is the one that i started playing it from and then i put my own twist on things.

if you follow the tab with the repeats and it is hard to explain the coda thing. that is a musical term that makes you go from the start to the "D.S. al coda" then you go from the "DS" to the % and then from there you go to the "To Coda:" then to the spot that says CODA:

hope that helped i can explain later respond if you need more help.

Adam