Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Van Morrison's new cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, Aug 12, 2002.

1. titled Down the Road

I think it's been out a couple of months now, but MAN is it good. If you're a Van fan and don't have this one, get it NOW! I dig every tune on the whole cd.

Oh, and the bass playing is incredible; my view of what groove-bass playing really should be, simple and tasty.

2. is this Harmony Central's board?!

I thought for sure someone here was old enough to like Van........

But age doesn't really matter, he's awesome.

bump

3. Van Morrison is great, I'll have to check out the new album.
    Van's albums aways tend to have great basslines, always lots of groove. Moondance blew me away the first time I heard it.
    Jim

4. OldJackBloom

OldJackBloom

May 12, 2001
    Reno, NV
    No doubt about it! I'm a big Van fan. That album kicks major ass! I'm 30, & I tend to dig his earlier stuff, like moondance & Veedon Fleece. Down the Road is masterful, introspective, & real through & through, everything I ever liked about theVan. I'm glad I saw your thread & where the hell is everybody?

5. OldJackBloom

OldJackBloom

May 12, 2001
    Reno, NV
    No doubt about it! I'm a big Van fan. That album kicks major ass! I'm 30, & I tend to dig his earlier stuff, like moondance & Veedon Fleece. Down the Road is masterful, introspective, & real through & through, everything I ever liked about theVan. I'm glad I saw your thread & where the hell is everybody?

6. I second that

I second that

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Now that's enough of that, to all three of you! ;)

I cover some of his material... cool band. :) Definately will check it out.

8. Thanks for the tip, Mark. VM is one of my favorites, His Band and The Street Choir is in my personal top 10.