Vancouver BC GTG early 2015

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Jeff Bonny, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Inactive Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    So who's up for a GTG in the new year? I have a huge warehouse/shop space available three blocks away from the Vancouver L&M we can use and make as much noise as we want as early or late as we want. Street level roller door, no stairs so we can go big with gear. I'll have to clear specific dates with the man but he's ok'd it in principle. I'm thinking late Jan/early Feb? Weigh in with your thoughts and we'll get her goin' on.

2. So down. So down. I'm excited. Let's make this happen!!!!!

3. Trailight

Trailight

Oct 19, 2010
    Vancouver Island BC
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass / Darkglass Electronics / Tsunami Cables
    Sign me up!

4. We could also invite the guys of the bass department from that L&M. Maybe they can do some sort of setup/repair stuff if they're willing to donate their time?

I'd be happy to help plan the GTG if you want. :)

5. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    I'm sure Jean and Jahmeel and Jake from L&M will stop by if it's on a Saturday. I'm thinking keep it pretty loose and let it just go where it will though. I've done some guitar teching on the road and can talk a little about setup and I'm sure there will be several others who can too if that's where it goes. I was wondering about a PA to check out DIs but I think the turnout is going to be pretty good and just a bunch of players with their basses, amps and pedals might be enough to keep it interesting. If it goes well I could see doing more specific stuff like a DI shootout or a setup GTG in the future.

Just to throw a date out how's Saturday Jan 31, 2015 sound?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  6. I'd have to book off work since I always work Saturdays but I have to do it two weeks in advance. The sooner the date is set, the better!!

7. Count me in if it's a go for Sat., Dec. 31, 2015.

I'll bring my gear if anyone whats to try it and money for pizza if that's what we're doing?

Thanks Jeff for donating the space.

Ben

8. I'll be playing at The Ivanhoe that night if anyone wants to stop by for a beer.

9. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    EKP to L&M MAP.jpg

We're on for Sat., Jan. 31, 2015. 2pm-7pm
    200 block Southern Ave, Vancouver. Long blue warehouse. No address marked but it's the bay door on the East end of the building closest to Station St.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    mistergoats likes this.
  10. December 31???? Or January 31?

11. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    sorry JANUARY 31

12. Oh good. I was scared for a moment: "What???? During New Year's Eve???"

13. Subscribed! :)

14. stubish

stubish

Jan 2, 2010
    Also Subscribed...

15. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    I'm thinking 2-7pm. That'll give folks with gigs that evening a chance to swing by earlier and the people working day gigs to swing by later.

There's space for as much gear as you wanna bring so do it.

Anyone have thoughts about booze? I'm a bourbon and red wine drinker and will have something decent on hand but you beer guys are are gonna have to deal with that however you see fit. With the number of pizza joints close I figure we can just play that one by ear.

Any other thoughts?

16. There may or may not be people who don't drink either so be sure to accommodate those who prefer anything but alcohol.

Like myself. I'll have some wine or beer or whatever, but not to the point where I have to deal with drunk-as-heck people. :p

2-7? Sounds like a decent timing...maybe till 8 or 9?

17. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    I have keys, we can go as late as we want.

18. Siiiccccckkkkkk. What are you thinking of in terms of eats?

19. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    pep_pizza_BIG.jpg

mistergoats likes this.
  20. Seriously...lol...?