Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vanilla Ice joining David Ellefson, Dan Spitz and Nicko McBrain's new band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    *dies*

2. This is nearly as bad as the tour lineup for Metallica's upcoming summer tour.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I feel violated.

4. "Thus having assembled, the four stood at the four corners of the globe, and played, and from them waves rose up, cities crumbled, stock and plants died, a plague was released o'er the land, and thus the wraith of God was unfurled..."

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    why should anyone be shocked. they all live in florida. none of them are really doing anything. nicko and spitz were working on a Christian rock/metal thing anyway. And we're probably not getting all of the info. My guess is that Ice will be doing a song on their upcoming album, with other singers doing other songs, much like Iommi's CD that came out a few years back.

but regardless of who's singing, I doubt it will be very exciting.

6. I was thinking- the rest of G'N R, Slash, Duff McKagen, Matt Sorum and Izzy Stradlin are looking for a singer....

what's MC Hammer up to these days?

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    :cool:

8. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

:D :D :D

9. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    not unless he tries to sample Bowie or queen again.;)

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Actually, Ice's new s**t is quite heavy. Download and listen to "Too Cold" for a whole new spin on "Ice, Ice, Baby."

I like David Ellefson.

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dont knock it kids!!

They may just bring something back to the metal scene that has been missing for awhile.

I back up Hategear. I saw Ice open up for some bands and it was definetly heavy!

12. Last I heard he had a show on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

But he's definately a preacher.

13. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    YES!!! I love Vanilla Ice!!! Oh wait, did I type that out loud?