Vans Warped tour (Review)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Music was trash. I only went to watch Billy talent and pick up chicks. Billy talent was great, I suggest if you are able to see them for cheap and and not have to travel to far, then see them. Alot of enrgy from such a little guy. I saw Anti-flag, Good Charellot, Thursday, Alexisonfire and Billy Talent.

Anti-Flag was a bunch of little (Can't say the word on here) jumping around acting all important because they think they know about politics. They seem like all they do is watch CNN and play crapy music. Tell me how to run my life, tell you how to play Bass.

Good Charellot wasn't really paying attion.

Thursday. What a (cat)!!! I thought the lead singer was about to cry on stage. Talking about how his home town music was the greatest out there and "much love to them" You love it so much, stay there.

Alexisonfire was fun high energy. The lead singer is Skinny. Like when I first saw him I really said out loud "His skinny" Normaly I don't say things like that out loud, but I had to this time.

And for the one wondering about if I got any chicks, I didn't. For every 1 hot girl 9 butt ugly ones. Every hot girl had a boy friend to. Not kidin', I also so no boobs. It was outside and it was kinda hot out. That is just plane unlucky.

I did get this Velvet Revolver poster and sticker for free. I also played a bongo. It was in ok shape, but some moron with a pick tuned it down. I couldn't even imagen what he was thinking when he tuned the E string.

And yes I did have fun :D
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You make me want to cry.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's like a trainwreck. Only not funny.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Tell me about it Brendan, tell me.

I got car crash syndrome whilst reading that post.
  5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I bet anti-flag like getting their warped tour paychecks.
  6. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I'd want to see From Autumn To Ashes, Taking Back Sunday, Rufio, Flogging Molly, and then throw stuff at Good Charlotte.

That is my dream Warped experience, and sadly it must wait until next year.
  7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Well in reality Warped Tour for the most part is a concert for 14 anf 15 year olds these days. I couldn't imagin anyone to think it was actually going to be good.

I used to go back in like '98, '99, '2000. It was pretty good then. This was kind of before the whole "poppy happy mall punk" wave took the nation by storm.
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Damn kids!! Git off my music! I'll call yer parents! Hey! Don't use that tone of voice with me, sonny. I ain't 'fraid comin' over there and givin' ya a whuppin' with the rawhide!!
  9. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I had a good time. But I am 16 :D The only main stage band I saw was Story of the Year and I heard Billy Talent (I was to far back to see them) and they were really good. But then I went to the smaller stages with less people and better music.
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    no boobs?

******* waste of money man :mad:
  11. hmmm....I had a ****ing kickass time at(on) warped Tour. We played Vegas, Fullerton, San Diego, and Ventura. was a blast meeting all the bands and ****.
  12. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Well i guess PLAYING on the warped your would be a different story.

I personally wouldn't like playing in front of a plethra of 14 or metting 95% of the bands because for the most part they all sounds exactly the same. But it's better then nothing i recon.