Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fluke, May 28, 2003.

1. Fluke

Jul 20, 2002
    I've been looking at a used Vantage bass... unfortunately it's rather poor setup and the controls doesnt work allright, so i want to know if it's worth picking up. The body is symmetrical and quite large, though surprisingly light, with neck-through body and two P pickups. What can you say about it?
  2. Fluke

Jul 20, 2002
    Noone here played one?
  3. Hi Fluke!
    Yes I have played one before, and if I remember , it seemed like a nice bass. I thought about buying one like it a couple years back, good bang for the buck.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    This is just me, but unless the bass is at a pretty sweet price, I wouldn't bother. How much are they asking for it? Considering it might need some work you might be better off spending the extra money on a MIM Fender or similar product.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Personally I wouldn't do it. I've not been real impressed with Vantage products and if you get something nice or nicer with more name-brand recognition then it will have better resale value when it's time to upgrade. Vantage is going to have very little resale value. And believe WILL eventually want to upgrade if you keep playing bass.

brad cook