Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Varg Vikernes....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by banalfreshness, Feb 17, 2001.

1. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    I have heard that he will be taking Jason Newsted's place. Is this true? Also, who has he played with?

Thanks in advance.

-banalfreshness

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...varg vikernes in metallica? hmmm, i dunno about that. varg, also known as Count Grishnakch, is an icon on the black metal scene. he's the guy that did Burzum, if you've ever heard of that band. he was the only guy in it. hmmmm, let's see he's a norwegian odinist, that is, his goal is to bring all of the old norse ways back. in doing so, he's managed to burn down a bunch of churches over in norway and also killed a guy named oystein aarseth, a.k.a. euronymous, which was the lead singer of mayhem. and, unless something has happened, he's been sentenced to something like 20 years in prison. there's a lot more to the story, and the guys involved in all that stuff over there...dead, euronymous, varg vikernes, snorre, hellhammer, samoth and ihsahn...it's kind of interesting, if you want to read about it...but i don't believe varg is gonna be playing with metallica...it's just not his cup of tea :D

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Hahaha where did you here THAT from?
    Actually,he wouldn't play with Metallica,because he doesn't play metal any more,because it is "music that is inspired by blues,that comes from black people".That's why he plays boring "classical-influenced" keyboard music now.What a fine young man.He's pretty funny though,if you find any interviews of his read them for a good laugh.