1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Variax 705 - Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thetaxmiser, Apr 19, 2009.

1. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    SOLD

Like new condition. All original parts, original box. PRICE REDUCTION - $675 INCLUDES SHIPPING IN CONUS

I bought this in January 2007. It is pretty cool and has a lot of sounds. I am not a knob turner. I am more plug and play. I have probably played this a total of 10 hours since I bought it. It has been hanging in a wall rack unplayed so it makes no sense to keep it. It is in like new condition.

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu18/rhumbob/Variax 705/

2. PM sent. Does it come with all of the stuff in your pictures?

3. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Thanks Kevin.

Everything you see is included (not the bass stand).

- Line 6 gigbag is pretty nice, seems well made.

- The pedal looking item is the external power supply. It has xlr and 1/4" out puts. The connection from the bass to the power supply is made with a 1/4" stereo cord.

- A planet waves 1/4" stereo cord to use the external power supply.

- The manual, warrenty card, etc. If you bought this new and removed the protective plastic coating from the pickguard, this is what I am selling.

The bass uses batteries and can just go directly to an amplifier. The external power supply avoids the use of batteries.

4. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Still available.

5. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Bump for price reduction

6. deadphish

deadphish

Oct 2, 2004
    What kind of strings does one use with a variax? I am playing often enough that I a getting tired of buying new bass strings all the time. Could I throw some flat wounds on (to avoid fret wear) and still get all the brightness I like from my jazz type basses?

7. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    I haven't changed strings on the bass, it came with rounds. I suspect the character of the strings would be somewhat reflected in the sounds but I suggest you do more research.

This was an impulse purchase for me so I didn't research like I normally would. Its a nice bass but I just don't use it.

8. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    SALE PENDING

9. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    SOLD