1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Variax Bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ingemar, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    I've heard (from a very reliable resource) that some of the models are pretty bad, but I have no personal experience playing one. I am really interested in one, since I need a good gigging bass which can pretty much fit with any music style and/or situation. Has anyone else played one? How good is it?

2. I've heard the exact opposite, that many of the models are great.

Any bass that can provide that many different tones, no matter if they are not a dead on match for a 62 Jazz bass, would be a useful tool for most folks.

I'm certainly going to pick one up when I get the chance.

I don't think 99.9% of your listening audience will be able to tell the difference between roundwound and flatround, but hell, what fun we can have with all those sounds!

George

3. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    You have a point there, but, then again, even if they don't notice I don't want to have a bad tone...

It's like having a Squire. Will they notice your tone sucks? Probably not. Should you care about your tone, then? Of course.

- Radio

4. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    In the short time I had with the bass all the models sounded close, if not spot on to my ears. I don't know what you hear when you hear a Ric or a P or any of the other basses modeled. The best bet is to give it a shot. I loved the bass and will be getting one in a couple months.