1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Variax Neck Replacement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SnoMan, Feb 29, 2008.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Alright. I'm rather happy with my Variax tone, but I'd be happier on a thinner, faster neck. I'd like to start shopping for new necks for it...but I've never done that before and am not sure what to look for. Can anyone give me some help/hints?

I play a schecter often, I love the feel of it's neck. If I could find a neck similar that would fit my variax, I'd be one happy dude.

Thanks for any help

2. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    +1 on that! I would love a Variax with a thinner neck. Pedulla instead of P-Bass, if you know what I mean.

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    why not get it shaved down?

4. Warmoth has variax replacement bodies and necks.

5. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Sadly, Warmouth only makes necks and bodies for the Variax guitars - not for the basses.

6. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Check on this, but I thought I read at some point that the Variax bass will accept most Fender style necks. The stock Warmoth necks may fit.

7. Yeah, the variax neck pocket is designed to accept fender replacement necks. Get yourself a jazz neck and go.

8. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    The neck pocket on the Variax I had (4 string) would not take a Fender neck, it was slightly too narrow. The neck pocket will likely need to be widened slightly.

9. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I had to have a custom neck made for my 5-string, because I couldn't find any that fit. I'd love to get a Moses Graphite one, though.