Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Various Real Books and Instructional Books - great deals!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by AJ Love, Feb 24, 2004.

1. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    OK, I've got a ton of instructional books and Real Books for sale here. first come first served is in effect. All of these books are in great shape, barely used. All the Real Books are in the C clef edition

-The Standards Real Book (Jazz Standards and Pop tunes) $20 (new price is $40)

email ajlove77@hotmail.com

2. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    they are going fast!

these are the books that are still available:

-Charlie Parker Omni-Book (Bass clef version) $10 (new price is $15)
    -Ray Brown's Bass Method $7 (new price is $13)
    -Just Jazz Real Book (250 songs, Just Jazz tunes, WB publications) $20 (new price is $40)
    -The Jazz Theory Book by Mark Levine $20 (New price is $40)
    -The Standards Real Book (Jazz Standards and Pop tunes) $20 (new price is $40)
    -Jazz Tactics by Chase Sanborn (Jazz Explained) $15 (new price is $30)

(edited the first post of this thread to show only the books still available)

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I was wondering if you still have that Rocco Prestia instructional video that I bougt from you. Do you remember? You were selling several DVD's and instructional videos about 6 months ago. I sent you a check for $20 but never received the video. A couple of other people who bought videos on that thread PM'd me and stated that they had the same problem that I was having with you. I would still like the video or my money!!!

4. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    g4string---hmm, thats very strange, seems to me I mailed out that video long ago. email me at ajlove77@hotmail.com and we'll figure it out

5. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I'll take these please.

-Charlie Parker Omni-Book (Bass clef version) $10 (new price is $15)
    -The Jazz Theory Book by Mark Levine $20 (New price is $40)
    -Jazz Tactics by Chase Sanborn (Jazz Explained) $15 (new price is $30)

Thanks
    Leanne

6. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA

Looks like someone got to two of those books right before you said you wanted them, but the Charlie Parker Omni Book is still available, would you like to buy that one?

A.J.

(edited the first post in this thread to eliminate the books already sold)

7. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

No, you never did. That was the same line I got (and I am assuming the other people that bought items from you) when I would PM or email about the where-abouts of the video. I will email you with my address and phone number so you may either send me the video that you originaly agreed to sell me, or send me back my money. If you have any decency you will resolve this matter ASAP.

The only reason I am confronting you again is beacuse I saw your name on the board again and it jogged my memory. Also, I felt the need to post a reply to this thread so that other members of TB are aware of what you previoulsy did to me and others on this board in hopes that you dare not press your luck twice and/or I get my money back or the Rocco video.

8. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    wow, man....errr umm OK. as I said it seems to me that I shipped out all DVD's/Videos (and paid a couple of refunds to people) that were listed before. I know I did mail out the Rocco video because its not here, but if you say you never got it I'll trust ya on that and will mail you out $20 right away. Just email me your address. and if there is anyone else who feels they have a refund coming, tell them to let me know

and when you get the refund $$, please post in one of my for sale threads that you got it

I have had bouts of being irresponsible before but I am not dishonest and have made dozens of Internet sales (including Fodera basses) without incident

9. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    hey
    if the omni book is still around id like it please :) thanks

10. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    the Bird Omni-Book has already sold

11. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Well, its been about two weeks since my PM to you. Still no sign of any check ($) like you had promised. If anybody here gets ripped off by this jerk please PM me.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow...I told this guy to move to my hometown. :eek:

Second thread like this going on right now. What's going on?

-Mike

13. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    books have been mailed out... the check got mailed out today

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    yup, i got strung along for quite a long time without the dvd's being shipped. i think i remember a thread about this on the dudepit when this happened right? i eventually got a refund via paypal. but, several emails went unanswered and i had to go to the fdp ( where he posts on a much more regular basis)and make a public post and email to a moderator to get him to respond to my emails. hope you guys have better luck thank i did. :D

15. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    if I recall correctly, my email wasn't working properly at the time and I never received any emails regarding Narud's DVD's, and then as soon as I saw his post via the FDP I sent him a refund

Gstrings videotape got mailed out long ago, and evidently he never received it (can't see why he would lie about such a thing) and so he was mailed a refund now

all the books sold via this thread have been mailed

there have been times that I have been irresponsible and not prompt, but I am not a dishonest person....while I certainly appreciate the concern that anyone in this community (including myself) would have about rip-off artists, it seems theres somewhat of an attempt to villify me here that is not warranted

G-String: just please chill, man. your check will be there soon. I've mailed out a videotape to you and now a check, trusting you that you haven't received the video

16. mattwells

mattwells

Mar 19, 2003
    GA
    Dibs on the ray brown--i owe more than $7 in library fees on that thing. E-mail sent.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you still got it, it's mine!

18. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    the Just Jazz and Ray Brown books have been sold...meant to update the listing last night

the only book remaining is the Standards Real Book