1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Varitone "Bbox" made by Birdsong Guitars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Bassguy1, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    This is a hand made Varitone Bbox custom made for me by Scott at Birdsong Guitars. Mine is made of distressed Pecan. They go for over $100 new if you can get one. It was never gigged with...only used for recording. I'm selling mine for $50 shipped. Paypal OK.

HPIM0569.
    Here is the description directly from their website. "When we get the chance between builds of our high-end short scale basses & custom guitars, we hand make these great little tone boxes. It's a variation on the varitone circuit used in our instruments fitted into a handmade wood enclosure. Every one is different ~ some are small boxes of various shapes, some are bigger console models ~ but the circuit is the same.

A six position rotary dial provides five distinctly different tones and a bypass setting for every tone you put in. It is suitable for guitar, bass, or anywhere you wish to try it in your quest for simple tone coloration.

Clean guitar takes on jazzy warmth, distorted guitars howl & grind, basses take on tonal personalities totally different than stock. Completely passive, the Bbox needs no batteries or plugs - we like to say it's powered by the good vibes of the person playing through it, so it might work better for some than others!

Each Bbox is hand made here in our Texas "Hill Country" workshop. The circuit is hand wired, star grounded and copper shielded... and every one is hand rubbed with our oil finish blend & individually serial numbered.

These are not "stomp" boxes, but unique tone shaping devices & works of functional art for your concert or studio environment. Fantastic for recording ~ have a wide variety of different tones to play with from a minimum of instruments & amplifiers."
    HPIM0570.

2. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    Bump for lower price

3. deb

deb

Mar 10, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Price?

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego

5. deb

deb

Mar 10, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I got that from the first post ... What would the "Bump for lower price" mean?

6. Bassguy1 changed/lowered the original price shown in the first post, and added the later post to point that out.

As far as the box itself goes - I don't want to sound stupid here, but I'm not really sure what it actually does other than alter tone...

7. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    PM'ed

8. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.