1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vasco's New Demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by stambroker, Dec 31, 2011.

1. stambroker

stambroker Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Hey all,

Thought I would post one of my band's newer songs and see what you guys think of it. My sound on this is my SUB -> GK 1001RBII -> SWR Goliath Sr. 6x10, with no effects. I'll probably be running through my EHX Tube EQ in the future.

Vasco - No Blizzard (Demo) - YouTube

The band has already recorded an EP (prior to me joining the band) but I will be featured on the recordings of all the newer songs. Let me know if you guys like it!

2. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    I like it. Honest, straightforward pop. I think I like Bad Prose the best.

3. stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I've insisted that Bad Prose close our sets... I really, really enjoy the vocals at the end. The whole EP really reminds me of a mix of Pavement and the Beach Boys.

4. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    Just out of curiosity: why does your band have the name of a Portuguese navigator?

5. stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I honestly have no idea. The lead singer won't explain his reasoning and the other bandmates have been in long enough not to ask. I have no problem with the mystery, I think it's a pretty cool name.